Turn on thread page Beta

Would they mind? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In a previous question i had asked about muture friendly uni's at this and other forums. The uni's that kept coming up were
    UEA
    Imperial
    Hull
    King's
    &
    Sheffield

problem here is they all seem to requie a forth AS a-level is that really needed when the likes of Oxbridge, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and many more ask for a decent 3. Also has i already have existing a-levels (taken 2005) could one of them be added as a forth qualification.

I invite your answers

ReputationRep:
    Of course.

ReputationRep:
    If you have more than 3 A-levels, they all carry merit. Seriously, it's all good.

And Aberdeen are mature-friendly! I know they're definetely graduate friendly anyway. Problem is it's, well, in Aberdeen, which isn't a very fun place...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by graemematt)
    If you have more than 3 A-levels, they all carry merit. Seriously, it's all good.

And Aberdeen are mature-friendly! I know they're definetely graduate friendly anyway. Problem is it's, well, in Aberdeen, which isn't a very fun place...
    but i dont want to have to include my previous ones, basically is it mandate to have the extra AS

ReputationRep:
    You HAVE to include all. UCAS do do spot tests, and if it's your form they check against candidate numbers, you'll NEVER get into medicine on a trust/fitness to practice vibe... Seriously, hundreds of peeps are caught out each year. There is nothing stopping it from being you. Even if you get through and it comes out later while still a student the med school can kick you out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    You HAVE to include all. UCAS do do spot tests, and if it's your form they check against candidate numbers, you'll NEVER get into medicine on a trust/fitness to practice vibe... Seriously, hundreds of peeps are caught out each year. There is nothing stopping it from being you. Even if you get through and it comes out later while still a student the med school can kick you out...
    thanks for the heads up

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 16, 2007

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.