Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I did AS Level English Lit and plan to carry it on next year. I'm currently drafting my PS and was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to how I can relate English to Law?

Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by daisymaisy98)
    I did AS Level English Lit and plan to carry it on next year. I'm currently drafting my PS and was wondering if anyone has any ideas as to how I can relate English to Law?

Thanks
    I wouldn't recommend trying to link all of your A levels to Law. Your subjects are already on your UCAS form and it's stating the obvious to say that you have developed essay-writing skills through English, for example. Your characters are much better used talking about work experience and volunteering, or extra reading. Even discussing a case in the media which has particularly interested you, and linking this to wider reading would be a good use of your PS space.

ReputationRep:
    Focus on skills. What have you learned from doing English Literature that would be useful as a law student?*

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.