Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Lack of imagination and lack of money and lack of places to go to. If you've got a big group of friends-its not fair to crash someones house all the time but then it doesn't look great hanging around in a big group either and other people can feel intimidated by large groups. Maybe they prefer to be entertained rather than find entertainment themselves?

ReputationRep:
    Omg I know! It's soo annoying when they say that.
    It's just an excuse for anti-social behaviour.

ReputationRep:
    Well how old are you? teenagers are likely to be bored because nothings new, there's little to point to anything and they can't see the long-term results of doing nothing in their teenage years

ReputationRep:
    If I was a millionaire, I wouldn't be bored. Does that answer your question? :P
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    The thing is though, having money doesn't solve your problems-in fact sometime it adds to them. The richest guy in the world is constantly under the watch of security for fear of sniper attacks-thats not a fun world to live in.

ReputationRep:
    there's nothing to do, except get drunk and break stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackswan)
    This is true.

ReputationRep:
    It's too expensive to do anything vaguely interesting
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    What do you want to do? If were able to do anything in your free time, what would it be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackswan)

lol true, limited things to do! Theres nowhere to go out cheaply or do stuff. It all costs money and then, you've done it all. Limited things to do, and limited cash!

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Teenagers are bored. They aren't making it up at all.
    I do agree, however, that it becomes annoying when boredem is used as an excuse for criminal activity.
    Right now, I do pretty much nothing all day (except tomorrow when I'm working) and I can't get a job (my job tomorrow is in an election, it's just a one-off) and there are no activities or anything near me, so I just laze around all day, then either go to a mates or go drinking at night. I'm bored, but I haven't gone around smashing things up (except one roadsign on a drunken night) or stealing from people and I certainly haven't graffitied anything.

ReputationRep:
    Teenagers are bored cos there nothing to do, once uv gone to the cinema a couple of times and hung around someones house and clubbing at night theres not much else, i had loads of plans on goin to the beach and stuff but the weathers so crap tht tht ideas been thrown out the window. I don't have any money, i've just gotten a part time job last week but won't be gettin paid till mid august so im gonna be broke for a month and when i do finally get paid thts nearly the whole summer gone. This summers is turning out to be the crappest summer yet WTFs happened to sunny weather we had last yr?

ReputationRep:
    Whatever happened to reading, writing, painting, modelling, gaming, going to the cinema, listening to / making music, biking etc? Seriously, every second teenager plays the guitar... why not DO something on it? I'm not saying "you can't get bored" (you can), but don't use it as an excuse for your ASBO. It's your own decision that got you that, not ennui.

I hate the definition of anti-boredom being "get drunk and break stuff". That's very boring in itself, nothing creative in that. ****ing herd mentality gets me so aggravated. What is it in Britain today that has made the teen so monumentally bored though? Lack of prospects? I think possibly because there are streams of people coming out of school and college with amazing GCSEs and A-levels that they have no reason to try hard any longer academically, and this transfers over into their personal life.

ReputationRep:
    I think those people are generally quite boring themselves - when I'm bored I'll find something to do and that something isn't crime - you have to be pretty stupid to think that you have to resort to smashing things up like the people we hear about on TV.

ReputationRep:
    As a teenager I would agree life can be dull. Let me paint you a picture of our evenings:

1) You have a big group of friends
    2) To big to go and chill in some ones house
    3) Not everyone has enough money to go out and do something
    and besides, what's there to do anyway? We've seen all the good films that are on, and we only went bowling last week, and there's nothing else within travelling distance.
    4) We could go drinking?
    5) half of us aren't 18.
    6) Go sit in the park.
    7) Mothers with children give us evils in the park.
    8) One phones police because they're to intimidated to bring their kids in.
    We're asked to move
    9) go to the shop.
    10) repeat steps 6-8, but with "park" replaced with "shop" and "mothers" replaced with "old people".
    11) Wonder around for a few hours, bored and frustrated
    12) someone kicks a bin in frustration, it falls over.
    13) caught kicking bin on CCTV
    14) go sit in the woods.
    15) 2 hours later some one points out "we're sitting in a woods. its cold, wet, and I think I just saw a wolf."
    16) sulk
    17) go home
    18) sulk again
    19) put on TV
    20) see friend from step 12 being shown kicking the bin from the CCTV footage caught from step 13.
    21) listen to some stuffy old idiot talk about how anti social we are.
    22) go to bed.
    23) repeat steps 1-22 everyday through out summer.

But its ok, I can always come on here and write overly long and pointless replies to a thread started by some one who obviously doesn't remember what it was like to be young and restless to pass away the time. Joy of joys.

:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ][ceman)
    As a teenager I would agree life can be dull. Let me paint you a picture of our evenings:

1) You have a big group of friends
    2) To big to go and chill in some ones house
    3) Not everyone has enough money to go out and do something
    and besides, what's there to do anyway? We've seen all the good films that are on, and we only went bowling last week, and there's nothing else within travelling distance.
    4) We could go drinking?
    5) half of us aren't 18.
    6) Go sit in the park.
    7) Mothers with children give us evils in the park.
    8) One phones police because they're to intimidated to bring their kids in.
    We're asked to move
    9) go to the shop.
    10) repeat steps 6-8, but with "park" replaced with "shop" and "mothers" replaced with "old people".
    11) Wonder around for a few hours, bored and frustrated
    12) someone kicks a bin in frustration, it falls over.
    13) caught kicking bin on CCTV
    14) go sit in the woods.
    15) 2 hours later some one points out "we're sitting in a woods. its cold, wet, and I think I just saw a wolf."
    16) sulk
    17) go home
    18) sulk again
    19) put on TV
    20) see friend from step 12 being shown kicking the bin from the CCTV footage caught from step 13.
    21) listen to some stuffy old idiot talk about how anti social we are.
    22) go to bed.
    23) repeat steps 1-22 everyday through out summer.

But its ok, I can always come on here and write overly long and pointless replies to a thread started by some one who obviously doesn't remember what it was like to be young and restless to pass away the time. Joy of joys.

:mad:
    What the hell..
    How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    get a damn hobby for christs sake..
    its not hard to find something like:
    1) a guitar for 20 quid in a newspaper and learn to play it.
    2)get a job if you need money.

ReputationRep:
    Whenever me and my mates go out on the street even just to go to the shop we get police cars passing us by every 20 secs and wen we go into a shop a police man follows us and acts like he was actually in there to buy some fruit pastels wen really he's there to make sure the shop keeper IDs us if we're buying alcohol, and then they persist on following us on our way home. My street never has police cars driving down it but wen me and about 6 of my mates were walking down it about 2 police cars passed us!

Its stupid, yes there are some teenagers out there who purposefully go out to cause havoc but the police and most people in the public trhink that all teenaqers who r out to have a gd time are instantly guilty of being anti social when we were just walking down the street whatever happened to being innocent until proven guilty?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rukmedes)
    What the hell..
    How old are you?
    18 years old, living in a small village, and the only town within reasonable distance has very VERY little in the form of entertainment.

And

get a damn hobby for christs sake..
    its not hard to find something like:
    1) a guitar for 20 quid in a newspaper and learn to play it.
    2)get a job if you need money.
    But me and my friends want to do something together.

If anyone can think of a cheap and easy hobby that about 30 of us can all just go and do, I'd like to hear it please. (That's not sarcasm, if there actually is something I really would like to know!)

And I have a job, but once I've paid rent, car insurance, some money into my saving account and some money into my holiday account I have very little left.

(Original post by Lou76854)
    whatever happened to being innocent until proven guilty?
    Unfortunately mate most people consider being a teenager enough evidence that you're guilty of something these days.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.