Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I had a very minor accident last year when I accidently reversed into someone - no damage was done to my car however the paint had cracked quite a bit on the other car. She claimed on my insurance, my renewal was the next month and it went down by £100 so I didn't think much of the accident. I then rang my insurance company today and they told me that she claimed £4451 which is just ludicrous, there were 4 people in my car in total and the accident was under 5mph - as far as I could see no one was hurt. Is there anything I can do, if anything its just a case of morals and is silly that someone can claim like that on somebodys policy, to me it's just insurance fraud to be honest. Thanks people!

ReputationRep:
    I'm really surprised your insurance is willing to pay that, usually they're super keen to contest and check everything.
    Can you not ask them to contest the amount?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inazuma)
    I'm really surprised your insurance is willing to pay that, usually they're super keen to contest and check everything.
    Can you not ask them to contest the amount?
    They will be doing that but it is a double edged sword. Her insurance company will have sold her details to a load of ambulance chasers and will have kick backs if she had to hire a car whilst hers was being fixed. The whole industry is one money making racket.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    They will be doing that but it is a double edged sword. Her insurance company will have sold her details to a load of ambulance chasers and will have kick backs if she had to hire a car whilst hers was being fixed. The whole industry is one money making racket.
    That it is!
    Either way, I'll be immensely surprised if any firm can maintain her claim of £4.5k odd for paint damage haha

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.