Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Arranged Skype interview with a teaching agency - they didn't call Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am trying to get my act together to teach English abroad, and I have been knocked by a couple of agencies before, but this one sounded pretty good.

I emailed them, registered with their site, sent CV/photo, and arranged a Skype chat for 10am on Monday.

I woke up early, put a smart shirt on, and waited for my call. They didn't bother calling.

I emailed them later that day and asked why they hadn't called, but they haven't really made any effort to appease my concerns.

There are RED FLAGS here right? But I am so desperate I may have to keep emailing them until they reply properly?

What's the point of saying they will Skype me, and then not bother? How unprofessional!

ReputationRep:
    Things happen. I've forgotten how many Skype interviews I have had to miss due to other work getting in the way. Yes, it's not great but it does happen for 101 reasons.

Don't just keep emailing them - you will annoy them and they are less likely to get back to you. If they haven't said they will come back to you to reschedule, then reply to their most recent email asking if it is possible to get confirmation of when the interview will be rescheduled.

If you haven't heard anything after 7-10 days then call them. But there is no point constantly harassing them beyond that. If they can't reply to a basic email or phone call, it's unlikely they will reschedule your interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J-SP)
    Things happen. I've forgotten how many Skype interviews I have had to miss due to other work getting in the way. Yes, it's not great but it does happen for 101 reasons.

Don't just keep emailing them - you will annoy them and they are less likely to get back to you. If they haven't said they will come back to you to reschedule, then reply to their most recent email asking if it is possible to get confirmation of when the interview will be rescheduled.

If you haven't heard anything after 7-10 days then call them. But there is no point constantly harassing them beyond that. If they can't reply to a basic email or phone call, it's unlikely they will reschedule your interview.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They responded to my first email and asked if they could phone me that afternoon. I said I would be at work, and available from Wednesday.

Since then, nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    They responded to my first email and asked if they could phone me that afternoon. I said I would be at work, and available from Wednesday.

Since then, nothing.
    Just give them a call at a reasonable time and see if you can reschedule over the phone rather than emails bouncing back and forth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.