Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to get rid of love handles?? watch

ReputationRep:
    I do HIIT videos a few times a week, and toning exercises too, and no matter how much weight i lose/how flat my stomach gets (it's not very flat haha), my love handles (hip fat and lower back fat), just never shift. I eat well too. What do I do, it's getting me down so much

(Original post by danuuutka)
    I do HIIT videos a few times a week, and toning exercises too, and no matter how much weight i lose/how flat my stomach gets (it's not very flat haha), my love handles (hip fat and lower back fat), just never shift. I eat well too. What do I do, it's getting me down so much
    It could just be that your clothes are too small. Or, you are imagining your "love handles" to be bigger than they are. Everyone has love handles to some extent when they wear tight clothes, but they tend to look bigger to your own eyes than everyone else's. Assuming that you are a healthy weight, I wouldn't worry. Otherwise, that is why Spanx exists.

ReputationRep:
    Eat less than you burn

ReputationRep:
    calorie deficit
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Its a genetic predisposition to where you store fat. To get fully rid of them, you've got to lose weight. However, whether or not that is a healthy preposition is dependent on your height and current weight

ReputationRep:
    Try twisting sit ups

ReputationRep:
    Skipping works wonders

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    It could just be that your clothes are too small. Or, you are imagining your "love handles" to be bigger than they are. Everyone has love handles to some extent when they wear tight clothes, but they tend to look bigger to your own eyes than everyone else's. Assuming that you are a healthy weight, I wouldn't worry. Otherwise, that is why Spanx exists.
    My issue isn't when I have clothes on, but when I'm naked - it's hard to explain, but like where my hip bones are, it goes in, but above and under it there are bulges, almost like a number 3, and that's what gets me down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshall Taylor)
    Eat less than you burn
    I'm already on 1400 calories a day, if I restrict anymore I'll be not having enough calories in my body, and it risks me going back to eating disorder behaviours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Its a genetic predisposition to where you store fat. To get fully rid of them, you've got to lose weight. However, whether or not that is a healthy preposition is dependent on your height and current weight
    Thank you! I'm only 5"2 and weight around 57kg, and it shows on me a lot

My issue isn't when I have clothes on, but when I'm naked - it's hard to explain, but like where my hip bones are, it goes in, but above and under it there are bulges, almost like a number 3, and that's what gets me down
    Thank you! I'm only 5"2 and weight around 57kg, and it shows on me a lot
    Hmm well your BMI puts you at a healthy weight, so I'm inclined to say that you are imagining it to be worse than it is (not that I am trying to belittle your problems). The only thing I can recommend would be to do some sort of ab workout.

ReputationRep:
    I'm already on 1400 calories a day, if I restrict anymore I'll be not having enough calories in my body, and it risks me going back to eating disorder behaviours
    Eat the recommended per day, but just burn 2100 calories

ReputationRep:
    Lose more fat

(Original post by Greg Jackson)
    calorie deficit
    das it mane

ReputationRep:
    Just stay at a moderate 500 cal deficit, you can't choose where you lose fat from but if you stay at a deficit the love handles will eventually go

ReputationRep:
    As much cardio as possible perhaps.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.