Turn on thread page Beta

Offered cereal for breakfast, insulting! watch

ReputationRep:
    Went to stay with my gfs parents expected to be greeted by a full English in the morning to only find a bowl and a spoon at the table with cheap lidl cornflakes. They didnt even have the decency to put kelloggs on the table. I see it as a declaration of war and an insult. Then when I ran into them they were acting normal like nothing happened???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Awesome. What you dont realise is that's what you get for lunch and dinner as well.
    They seem to have called it right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Raw)
    Went to stay with my gfs parents expected to be greeted by a full English in the morning to only find a bowl and a spoon at the table with cheap lidl cornflakes. They didnt even have the decency to put kelloggs on the table. I see it as a declaration of war and an insult. Then when I ran into them they were acting normal like nothing happened???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    maybe thats all they had, im sure they did not mean to insult you, maybe thats what they eat
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i went to france for an exchange, expected french breakfast with fancy baguettes, cheese, chocolate, snails. got cocopops.

ReputationRep:
    First world problems.

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe any of this. Especially the gf part.

ReputationRep:
    I went to a middle class person's household for a sleep over and those cheeky ****ers gave me supermarket brand cereal but put it in their own reusable box like wtf.

ReputationRep:
    Cheap cornflakes come from the same factory but go in a different box.

Watch the blind tasting on Eat Well For Less on BBC, people can't tell the difference.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    i went to france for an exchange, expected french breakfast with fancy baguettes, cheese, chocolate, snails. got cocopops.
    Wouldn't even be that disappointed to be honest, I'd eat cocopops every day if I didn't feel too embarrassed to buy it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-bhakti-patel)
    maybe thats all they had, im sure they did not mean to insult you, maybe thats what they eat
    (Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    First world problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Im sorry, but i didnt mean to hurt the person in any way, i was just trying to tell them my opinion, and i am not an internet troll if that is what ur implying all i said was that maybe thats what they had when he came and they may of not had time to get groceries.
    i apologise if u or the person who started the thread was offended, as i am the type of person who does not like to hurt peoples feelings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-bhakti-patel)
    Im sorry, but i didnt mean to hurt the person in any way, i was just trying to tell them my opinion, and i am not an internet troll if that is what ur implying all i said was that maybe thats what they had when he came and they may of not had time to get groceries.
    i apologise if u or the person who started the thread was offended, as i am the type of person who does not like to hurt peoples feelings
    You're not the troll; they are, as should be patently obvious to anyone who isn't profoundly autistic, Amish (albeit evidently lapsed), or twelve.

ReputationRep:
    You're not the troll; they are, as should be patently obvious to anyone who isn't profoundly autistic, Amish (albeit evidently lapsed), or twelve.
    I know they're trolling. I gave a sarcastic response
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by T-Raw)

Hope you get dumped for being such an idiot and a poor troll - it's the least you deserve.

ReputationRep:
    what? I dont understand
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Wouldn't even be that disappointed to be honest, I'd eat cocopops every day if I didn't feel too embarrassed to buy it.
    why are you embarrassed? i bought a happy meal today (though not for myself but for my brother) i was not phased by the fact that i was getting a happy meal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    do you happen to shop at waitrose

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by BWV1007)
    do you happen to shop at waitrose

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ...sometimes

ReputationRep:
    Did you do this though?

If you didn't, you're a pussy

(Original post by T-Raw)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would politely ask them for apologies before acting rashly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.