Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just starting a discussion for those studying Economics at Warwick 2016/2017

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sj19)
    Just starting a discussion for those studying Economics at Warwick 2016/2017
    Hey
    I am also joining Warwick for MSc Economics
    its nice to meet you
    what accommodation have you applied for ?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I applied a while ago so I don't remember but I've mainly applied for the en suites (Lakeside was one I think), might just get off campus instead though. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sj19)
    Hey, I applied a while ago so I don't remember but I've mainly applied for the en suites (Lakeside was one I think), might just get off campus instead though. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My first preference is Lakeside,
    why do you wanna go off campus ?

ReputationRep:
    Just keeping my options open to be honest, I'm thinking of bringing my car as well but its almost impossible to get parking on campus haha. Have you enrolled yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sj19)
    Just keeping my options open to be honest, I'm thinking of bringing my car as well but its almost impossible to get parking on campus haha. Have you enrolled yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol
    no i haven't,
    btw where did you do your undergraduate ?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, il also be joining Warwick for MSc Economics.
    Just finished my undergrad at Edinburgh Uni.
    Have yous heard back about accommodation yet?

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting the Economics MSc course also this September. Does anyone know how many times a week we have to attend, or any idea on teaching hours?

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard from accom yet but apparently we get told by the 5th. And also I'm not sure about teaching hours but I guess it's affected by how well you do in the pre sessional maths course. Have you guys registered for it?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've registered for it and there's an online maths exam to do for practice. I'm staying in Victoria halls as I didn't get any on campus.

ReputationRep:
    How do you know you didn't get any on campus? I'm still looking for a decent studio off campus but haven't been able to find one.

ReputationRep:
    I phoned the accommodation and they told me they're overbooked this year. Apparently it's rare for postgraduates to get on campus, if that's true. You should email Victoria hall for studios if there's a drop out or keep looking on unite studnet's website, but they're expensive. I got lucky last week and someone dropped out of Victoria hall, not sure how it is though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm also starting the MSc Economics course this September. Just got rejected for accommodation though, is anyone else in the same position?

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised to hear that, I still haven't heard anything back but I'm assuming it'll be the same. It's unacceptable to be honest, they should openly state that on campus accom is unlikely to be allocated and that we should look at making our own arrangements. I did email Victoria halls but they haven't got back to me yet, I think I'll ramp up my search for off campus now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    From what I read about Victoria and the photos, it looked really nice. And about expense....it's not as if on campus is cheap haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sj19)
    From what I read about Victoria and the photos, it looked really nice. And about expense....it's not as if on campus is cheap haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah the ridiculous application process has left many completely unprepared for this.
    Would have loved Victoria Halls!
    I called up every private halls in coventry yesterday. Unfortunately they are all full apart from the unicitylodge, which only have 2 bed and 4 bed apartments left.

I'm currently looking for a flat/house share in Canley, since that is walking distance to the uni.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone ready for induction tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.