Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    None of those things apply to my Mum, she's fantastic. She'd do anything for me and is constantly offering to put herself out for my benefit, I love her to bits.

My Dad, on the other hand, I have a few problems with. He's an alcoholic and is a complete idiot when he's been drinking. We had a big argument 2 nights ago and I'm refusing to speak to him until he apologises for that as it was entirely his fault. The issue of his alcoholism has never been raised between our family (I'm an only child by the way) and 2 nights ago in the argument was the first time I've ever mentioned it to him; as he walked off I said "started drinking early tonight, did you?".

Can anyone help or offer some advice? My Mum and I have talked about it (it upsets her alot and I obviously don't like to see that, she doesn't deserve to be upset) and she has raised it with my Dad before but nothing constructive came out of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cdm391)
    She never gives me pocket money (for 7 years) and I am 17.
    She shouts at me.
    She never gives me a second chance.
    She breaks all my possessions.
    She's lazy and never cooks.
    She never listens to me.
    She never lets me see my father.
    She married a **** man (my father) who has neglected me for 13 years.
    She has mentally abused me by calling me names.
    She keeps telling me that I was a mistake.
    She talks about me behind my back.
    1. get a job you're 17 :rolleyes:
    2. so?
    3. do you deserve one?
    3. :rolleyes:
    4. why don't you cook?
    5. and?
    6. maybe she has good reason to, or why don't you go see him anyway
    7. a lot of people have that
    8. i'm sure i've been thru worse
    9. ok not nice, but still
    10. and?

ok, that was slightly evil of me

You think you were mean? Looks at Zapstas version.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    You think you were mean? Looks at Zapstas version.
    :rolleyes:

See I'm still not evil enough

Oh and to the person who posted the thread maybe you should take a step back into reality and realise that a lot of people go through a hell of a lot of worse stuff than that and your problems are minor

ReputationRep:
    Hi, this is not cdm391 (he is male, btw), im his younger brother.

Listen, you have no idea what that guy (and I) go through. Half of the things that happen....well, I don't think I'm allowed to say them on here. There is a good reason for the whole father stuff, he was seriously nasty, with the smoking, drinking, debts, threats, physical abuse and much more...

Ok, well now, we live in a maisonette (imagine a house cut in half, or a shrunk 2 apartment flat) and we are both lefties, which is annoying.

In our old house, walls were yellow with the crap in cigarettes, there was broken glass, the roof in our bedroom collapsed and we were nearly killed as the boiler crashed down ontop of us. After we sold the house ( for the debts), we were left with hardly any money.

Im not the guy complaining, but when I hear guys like you ridicule his situation
    I GET PISSED :mad:
    Anyway, thanks for your time

Listen, you have no idea what that guy (and I) go through. Half of the things that happen....well, I don't think I'm allowed to say them on here. There is a good reason for the whole father stuff, he was seriously nasty, with the smoking, drinking, debts, threats, physical abuse and much more...

Ok, well now, we live in a maisonette (imagine a house cut in half, or a shrunk 2 apartment flat) and we are both lefties, which is annoying.

In our old house, walls were yellow with the crap in cigarettes, there was broken glass, the roof in our bedroom collapsed and we were nearly killed as the boiler crashed down ontop of us. After we sold the house ( for the debts), we were left with hardly any money.

Im not the guy complaining, but when I hear guys like you ridicule his situation
    Couldn't you have just left this thread alone? I'd forgotten all about it until now, you're making things worse.

ReputationRep:

look guys, i feel bad for you, but i dont think this thread will help your situation.

ReputationRep:
    She never gives me pocket money (for 7 years) and I am 17. - Ive never had pocket money, ever, and youre 17, earn your own money
    She shouts at me - Destroy her with some witty remark and tell her what an idiot she is
    She never gives me a second chance. - Why do you need a second chance? Youre 17, lift your own life, do your own things, you dont need her input on them
    She breaks all my possessions. - Same, Break hers
    She's lazy and never cooks. - She cooks, but its usually unhealthy crap at 9pm so I cook my own stuff, as well as breakfast and any other meals I have, you can do the same?
    She never listens to me. - Dont speak to her then
    She never lets me see my father. - Why do you need her permission?
    She married a **** man (my father) who has neglected me for 13 years. - :eek:
    She has mentally abused me by calling me names. - Please....
    She keeps telling me that I was a mistake. - Tell her shes a silly whore
    She talks about me behind my back - Its not just mums that do this

It sounds to me as if you need to err, stop living out of your parents pocket and live your own life?

ReputationRep:
    I bet you don't even have a brother.

ReputationRep:
    how is you two being lefties related to your predicament?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.