The Student Room Group

If humans are meant to eat meat then why cant they eat raw meat?

Why does it have to be cooked?

If humans are meant to eat meat- then why can they survive without eating meat and still be healthy?

Just because you can do something it doesn't mean you are meant to do it. Just because you were born into a society were something is the norm- it doesn't mean it was meant to be that way. Just because something has been happening for thousands of years it doesn't mean it has to continue happening. All these arguments that are made for meat is weak.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just because some animals do it, it doesn't mean every animal has to do it.
I eat raw beef.
If the good Lord had meant us to eat raw food He would not have given us fire.
Reply 4
You can eat raw beef, I've seen it on a cooking show
Reply 5
Sanitation. It's better for you to eat raw meat but our immune systems are weaker now than they once were so we cook it to kill bacteria. It also adds a lot of flavour.
We can eat raw meat depending on what kind. For example the French eat raw beef and horse.
Have you never heard of a 'blue' steak? its basically just warmed either side. The middle is completely raw.
You can eat raw meat.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steak_tartare

It tastes awsome IMO.:smile:
Original post by pilock

If humans are meant to eat meat- then why can they survive without eating meat and still be healthy?

Just because you can do something it doesn't mean you are meant to do it. Just because you were born into a society were something is the norm- it doesn't mean it was meant to be that way. Just because something has been happening for thousands of years it doesn't mean it has to continue happening. All these arguments that are made for meat is weak.

I'm sure you can eat all and every veg raw :rolleyes:
Reply 10
If humans are meant to eat potatoes then why don't we eat raw potatoes?
Reply 11
Original post by Atlas Thugged
I eat raw beef.

Do you eat raw steak, chicken, and fish?
Reply 12
Original post by JamesN88
You can eat raw meat.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steak_tartare

It tastes awsome IMO.:smile:

Most animal flesh cant be eaten raw without getting really sick.
Reply 13
Original post by dmy15
If humans are meant to eat potatoes then why don't we eat raw potatoes?

You can eat raw potatoes and not get ill.
Original post by pilock
Do you eat raw steak, chicken, and fish?

Steak yes, chicken no, does sushi count?
Reply 15
Original post by Atlas Thugged
Steak yes, chicken no, does sushi count?

Bs you cant eat raw steak. And I am not taking about the raw term restaurants use I am talking about actual raw flesh.
Reply 16
Humans are not meant to eat meat
Original post by pilock

It doesn't.
You need to get out more if you've never heard of steak tartare, or sashimi or osyters etc.
People tend to cook it because it's safer. Animals have no such concept, hence why they die far more often than we do from rotten meat etc.

I think you've forgotten humans are omnivores, meaning we can live off both or either. It's carnivores and herbivores who can't switch.

Just because you read lots of veggie propoganda and haven't tried sushi doesn't make your post accurate either.
(edited 7 years ago)
Steak tartare is really rather nice. You eat a raw egg yolk with that as well.
Original post by pilock
Bs you cant eat raw steak. And I am not taking about the raw term restaurants use I am talking about actual raw flesh.

I can confirm I have never gone into a field, killed a cow with my bare hands and taken a bite out of its body, but you can eat raw steak, I have done so many times, it tastes excellent with herbs and seasoning.

I'm not dead, deal with it :cool: