Can you mix alcohol and paracetamol? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey it's my friends birthday tonight and we are going clubbing but I've got bad menstural cramps which I'm talking paracetamol for. Is it a bad idea to mix the two or will it not hurt for just one night?

Thanks
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's not a good idea
Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey it's my friends birthday tonight and we are going clubbing but I've got bad menstural cramps which I'm talking paracetamol for. Is it a bad idea to mix the two or will it not hurt for just one night?

Thanks
I read the leaflet inside it is strongly against mixing the two together you can if you want but it could end very badly and you will probably very unwell or worse beter safe than sorry.
Sam601
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You don't need to drink much to get drunk if you mix them. To be honest you shouldn't mix them
x-bhakti-patel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Thanks
I wouldnt mix the two if i was you, as it could have side effects
Sternumator
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Both alcohol and paracetamol are toxic to the liver. Combining them is double trouble. Don't underestimate how damaging paracetamol is for the liver. People can easily damage their liver severely or even die from a single overdose.
Sternumator
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
An extract from Wikipedia:

Paracetamol toxicity is the foremost cause of acute liver failure in the Western world, and accounts for most drug overdoses in the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand.[47][48][49][50] According to the FDA, in the United States there were "56,000 emergency room visits, 26,000 hospitalizations, and 458 deaths per year related to paracetamol-associated overdoses during the 1990s. Within these estimates, unintentional paracetamol overdose accounted for nearly 25 percent of the emergency department visits, 10 percent of the hospitalizations, and 25 percent of the deaths."[51]

Paracetamol is metabolised by the liver and is hepatotoxic; side effects are multiplied when combined with alcoholic drinks, and are very likely in chronic alcoholics or patients with liver damage.[52][53]
ironandbeer2
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No.
maxgrayyy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
read this AFTER popping 2 paracetmols after a lot of ciderimma die now wish me luck
Mr smile
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago

Thanks
Yes its fine to take them just dont exceed the does...... Ibuprofen would be ok too.
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I'm closing this thread cos it's old and that gets confusing. If anybody wants to discuss a similar topic please feel free to start a new thread.

For general reference... Please read the leaflet that comes in the box of any medication before taking it. If you are unsure about anything you can call a pharmacy or you can often find an online copy of the leaflet. With most over the counter painkillers it's okay to drink a small amount of alcohol. Here's an NHS page about it:
https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-que...g-painkillers/
Last edited by Kindred; 9 months ago
X
Back
to top

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (32)
7.37%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (254)
58.53%
No (148)
34.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed