Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi all!

I am in a bit of a dilemma and I was wondering if someone out there could help me out if they have any knowledge to share on my situation,

Basically, I am a psychology student about to commence my final year. I have achieved As and Bs, but the majority of my grades have been Cs and Ds. And I have multiple repeats, some even 4 times. However, I have spoken to my tutor and he has advised me that looking at my current situation, a 2:1 or First is still achievable if I was to average 70-80 % in the coming year.

I have been eyeing some financial institutions for graduate schemes, in finance and accounting roles. Some of these companies ask for 2:2s. What I am worried about is if I manage to secure a 2:1 or First, will my transcript affect whether I am taken seriously as a candidate or not?

Your transcript as in your breakdown of modules? Unless you studied an accountancy/finance related degree which gives you exemptions from professional exams, your transcript won't make any difference.

Just focus on getting a 2.1 or first so you have good options. A 2.2 is pretty limiting.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.