when you...

Watch
RobML
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
hate islam and cite its attitudes towards women to justify your position, but you also hate feminism in all its forms...

upperechelon
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
loveleest
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Well that's contradictory lol.

Although I am not sure if you are making a general point or an indirect...
mercuryman
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
nice tweet
Atlas Thugged
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
RobML
Rep:
(Original post by Atlas Thugged)
me idol <3
Atlas Thugged
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RobML)
me idol <3
The eyes, the smirk. He has that sassy-cocky look, he knows he's ****ing **** up and getting money for doing it. Country club tie just tops it off.
h333
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Can someone or OP explain what this actually means?
upperechelon
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
a v petty indirect

(Original post by h333)
RobML
Rep:
(Original post by upperechelon)
a v petty indirect
It's not about you in case you're wondering. I don't even know what you think about Islam.
upperechelon
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RobML)
It's not about you in case you're wondering. I don't even know what you think about Islam.
nonetheless it's still petty you should @ them
RobML
Rep:
(Original post by upperechelon)
nonetheless it's still petty you should @ them
It's no one in particular. Just a vibe I've gotten from people across the internet
Atlas Thugged
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by h333)
He's creating false dichotomy where he claims those who criticise Islam for its treatment of women must necessarily be feminists and that those who are critical but reject feminism are hypocrites. I for one believe that Islam and women's rights are perfectly compatible after all, it was narrated that paradise lies under the feet of your mother.

Or maybe it's just an inside joke.
fatima1998
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
oooh i see :cute:
RobML
Rep:
(Original post by Atlas Thugged)
He's creating false dichotomy where he claims those who criticise Islam for its treatment of women must necessarily be feminists and that those who are critical but reject feminism are hypocrites. I for one believe that Islam and women's rights are perfectly compatible after all, it was narrated that paradise lies under the feet of your mother.

Or maybe it's just an inside joke.
Not that they necessarily be feminists, but I find it intellectually inconsistent for them to be strongly anti-femininist
Nor am I denying that Islam and women's rights are compatible.
ForgetMe
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Were you drunk when drawing that star?
math42
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I don't know anyone who would claim to hate feminism in "all its forms".
Modern intersectional feminism is no friend to women. It protects and downplays ultra conservative and misogynistic Islamic ideologies simply because Muslims are also a minority group in the West, who supposedly also face some mystical systemic oppression. This is one area where the horseshoe theory comes into play; you go so "tolerant" that you become tolerant of intolerance, or even supportive of it.
Allie4
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I don't like milo that much. sure he makes valid points but hes also pretty hypocritical. says people should just accept criticism but he seems to be the very type of person who can't accept criticism himself.
username2763536
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Islam is just a set of ideas.A set of ideas that happens to be anti-semetic,homophobic and women hating and delusional.A true feminist would criticise Islam not defend it.
AperfectBalance
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RobML)
Not that they necessarily be feminists, but I find it intellectually inconsistent for them to be strongly anti-femininist
Nor am I denying that Islam and women's rights are compatible.
most people who are anti feminism are not anti equal rights they are anti stupidity, something that 3rd wave feminism has latched onto citing false statistics like 1 in 3 women raped in uni or the wage gap, and the anti men sentiment behind feminism.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (8)
10%
Okay (26)
32.5%
A bit lacking (22)
27.5%
Not good at all (24)
30%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise