Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Middle office at BB vs Big4 audit pay watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I am currently deciding between these two careers and I've done research on many expects of each career- such as the work involved, the skills required, the opportunities, the training and stuff but one thing I can't find is the salary for both.

The salary information tends to be different on every website and usually only includes the starting salary. I was wondering what I) the starting salary 2) the salary after around ten years would be for middle office work (risk) a audit at a big4 firm.

Thanks so much and I would appreciate either an answer or how I can get an accurate answer myself because googling isn't giving me very accurate info.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by fayeztheman)
    Hello. I am currently deciding between these two careers and I've done research on many expects of each career- such as the work involved, the skills required, the opportunities, the training and stuff but one thing I can't find is the salary for both.

The salary information tends to be different on every website and usually only includes the starting salary. I was wondering what I) the starting salary 2) the salary after around ten years would be for middle office work (risk) a audit at a big4 firm.

Thanks so much and I would appreciate either an answer or how I can get an accurate answer myself because googling isn't giving me very accurate info.
    Big4 is way lower when you factor in bonus. But then again an ACA qual + some time spent in CorpFin can lead to a slew of front office opportunities.

But roughly entry level is:

Audit ~ £29-30k in London , £19-22k elsewhere

MO (particularly risk, compliance etc) ~£45k + bonus

Upon qualification after 3 or so years, for a Big4 Audit gig, you're looking at £45k or £50-60k in-house. Obviously more if you choose to go down the high finance exit opp route.

Associates in MO can pull £60-80k all-in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For middle office salary info:
    http://news.efinancialcareers.com/uk...rs-experience/

The average salary of an ACA qualified accountant 6-9 years after qualifying is £86000.

ReputationRep:
    Don't chase the money if your good at what you do it will come

ReputationRep:
    It's too hard to say after "ten years" because there's just too many variables.

After ten years in Big 4, you could be a Partner (although very very very very very unlikely), you could be a really strong manager, or somewhere in between. I don't know many people who have stayed at a Big 4 employer for ten years, most chop and change or move onto something else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Big4 is way lower when you factor in bonus. But then again an ACA qual + some time spent in CorpFin can lead to a slew of front office opportunities.

But roughly entry level is:

Audit ~ £29-30k in London , £19-22k elsewhere

MO (particularly risk, compliance etc) ~£45k + bonus

Upon qualification after 3 or so years, for a Big4 Audit gig, you're looking at £45k or £50-60k in-house. Obviously more if you choose to go down the high finance exit opp route.

Associates in MO can pull £60-80k all-in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    DAYM that's high as a salary, but I've heard that hours in the banking industry are insane and stressful af so I guess you give what you're paid for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    Don't chase the money if your good at what you do it will come
    Yeah I guess that's true. I'm going to look more at other factors before deciding.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by fayeztheman)
    DAYM that's high as a salary, but I've heard that hours in the banking industry are insane and stressful af so I guess you give what you're paid for.
    Only i-banking has 'insane' hours, everything else is 9-12 hours a day and middle office definitely more 8am-6pm.*

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.