Hope that helps
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I stopped going when i was 15 but its up to you really.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    When they die

ReputationRep:
    As long as you enjoy their company then I'd say you're never too old to go on holiday with your parents. I'd happily go on holiday with my mum at any age :laugh:

I'm 17 but it's acc so stressful going on holiday with my parents. They never plan anything in advance, so a lot of the time, half of our actual stay is spent by planning where to visit, eat etc, rather than actually enjoying the holiday itself. I hope when I'm at uni I can meet a good bunch of friends to go on holiday with (a proper holiday, not just Ibiza, Napa, etc lol).

ReputationRep:
    Once you're married or in a serious relationship, you'll have an excuse not to go... until then enjoy!

ReputationRep:
    This is ridiculous. When is too old to spend time with your family which might happen to be abroad?

ReputationRep:
    You're never too old, as said earlier, you will never be too old to spend time with your parents.

Although I see why people may stop, I'm 17 and my parents never fail to annoy me even more on holiday which I didn't think was possible

Never.

ReputationRep:
    Never.

ReputationRep:
    Is it even possible to be too old to go on holiday with them? I mean, what could be better than travelling with your two closest family members? It might even look like you're taking them on a holiday!

ReputationRep:
    When they stop paying for you

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    well i'm 19 and just got back from a week in spain with my parents so i'd say never!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Well, I'm going on holiday next year with my dad and I'm 27. Only because he wants to go and I can't find anyone else willing to go with me.

ReputationRep:
    Never - I also really spend time with them during the summer, so you can bet your butt I'll be going with them for many years to come.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    iv never been on holiday with mine but id still go and im 23
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I feel like you're more asking 'when can I go on holiday alone'. In which case, depends on maturity but most barriers are gone at 18. Car rental is the only thing that remains difficult at that age.

You can still go on holiday with them though, if you want.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 24 and I still holiday with my parents sometimes. When my boyfriend told me that he's never been on holiday with his parents since he was a child, I thought it was a bit odd, but I guess everyone is different!

I do also go on holidays/travelling alone sometimes, my first time at age 21 (would have been earlier if I had the money). Never gone on holiday with friends though, but I have gone with my boyfriend

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2016
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.