When are you 'too old' to go on holiday with your parents?

Watch
idontknowmedoyou
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
as the title says!?
Another
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Never

Hope that helps
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I stopped going when i was 15 but its up to you really.
UWS
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
When they die
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As long as you enjoy their company then I'd say you're never too old to go on holiday with your parents. I'd happily go on holiday with my mum at any age :laugh:
Anonymous #1
Report 5 years ago
I'm 17 but it's acc so stressful going on holiday with my parents. They never plan anything in advance, so a lot of the time, half of our actual stay is spent by planning where to visit, eat etc, rather than actually enjoying the holiday itself. I hope when I'm at uni I can meet a good bunch of friends to go on holiday with (a proper holiday, not just Ibiza, Napa, etc lol).
annette.s4
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Once you're married or in a serious relationship, you'll have an excuse not to go... until then enjoy!
sh9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
This is ridiculous. When is too old to spend time with your family which might happen to be abroad?
username2571271
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You're never too old, as said earlier, you will never be too old to spend time with your parents.

Although I see why people may stop, I'm 17 and my parents never fail to annoy me even more on holiday which I didn't think was possible
h333
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Never.
Ladymusiclover
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Never.
tianshan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is it even possible to be too old to go on holiday with them? I mean, what could be better than travelling with your two closest family members? It might even look like you're taking them on a holiday!
ODES_PDES
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
When they stop paying for you

Trapz99
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
silverfox44
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
well i'm 19 and just got back from a week in spain with my parents so i'd say never!
Tiger Rag
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well, I'm going on holiday next year with my dad and I'm 27. Only because he wants to go and I can't find anyone else willing to go with me.
_Fergo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Never - I also really spend time with them during the summer, so you can bet your butt I'll be going with them for many years to come.

Posted from TSR Mobile
shawtyb
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
iv never been on holiday with mine but id still go and im 23
nexttime
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I feel like you're more asking 'when can I go on holiday alone'. In which case, depends on maturity but most barriers are gone at 18. Car rental is the only thing that remains difficult at that age.

You can still go on holiday with them though, if you want.
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm 24 and I still holiday with my parents sometimes. When my boyfriend told me that he's never been on holiday with his parents since he was a child, I thought it was a bit odd, but I guess everyone is different!

I do also go on holidays/travelling alone sometimes, my first time at age 21 (would have been earlier if I had the money). Never gone on holiday with friends though, but I have gone with my boyfriend
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.52%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (78)
28.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise