Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can't seem to be interested in anyone else... Watch

I have been in love with someone who didn't feel the same; I haven't seen him for 2 months and I'm still trying to get over him. We've stopped speaking, and he's moved away, and I'm trying to meet new people, but nothing is working.

I admit that there have been other guys I've fancied a bit, when he was still around ,but they all had girlfriends/weren't available for whatever reason.

Now, I'm finding it hard to develop an interest in anyone else, and i'm not sure if it's normal. I've met someone who seems nice enough and is very good-looking, but I just feel absolutely nothing.
    I don't feel any sort of excitement whatsoever when he messages me or anything.

I went on a date with another guy not long ago, and I just didn't feel like seeing him again; I compared him to the guy I'm in love with and he just didn't seem to match up.

I haven't been truly interested in anyone else since. It's annoying, as I really want to move on and forget my feelings. I'm not speaking to him/seeing him, I'm going on dates etc. but nothing works.. any other advice? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you're just not ready, and that's okay. If you want to get over him, just go out and do fun things. It doesn't have to be dating; It doesn't have to be sex. If you don't feel like it, you don't need to.

You'll do fine. Don't try to force something or you'll end up using someone as a rebound, which comes with its whole host of problems.

(Original post by ThatOldGuy)
    Sounds like you're just not ready, and that's okay. If you want to get over him, just go out and do fun things. It doesn't have to be dating; It doesn't have to be sex. If you don't feel like it, you don't need to.

You'll do fine. Don't try to force something or you'll end up using someone as a rebound, which comes with its whole host of problems.

Yeah.. I feel a bit silly as it's been 2 months. I won't go into detail but he was sort of a FWB and was confused about his feelings for me..

Yeah, I think i'm maybe trying to force myself to meet someone else; people are telling me it's the only way I'll get over him etc. but I just can't see myself having feelings for anyone else atm, and ironically the only guy I've really been interested in was this guy's friend, but he has a girlfriend so...

thanks for the suggestions

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.