Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So I was at a wedding 3 weeks ago and these two guys 'arrogantly' waved to me to come to my table.

They then said "my family has been invited to a wedding", which I need '"your mobile number". The second guy badly wanted my number.

This is obviously a lie, what is the date of the wedding? Who are the couples? Where is the invitation? 3 weeks and still no invitation sent.

I was unsure, so I went on my whatsapp family group and said "has my family been invited to a wedding, if not, why are they lying for?"

Some of the people on that whatsapp group know they people who said I've been invited to a wedding and for sure, they've told them I've called them liars.

So I think they hate me know for calling them liars? Anyway, they lied to me and never apologised for it, in fact, they could lie again saying "yeah you are invited to a wedding".

Anyone please?

ReputationRep:
    not clear, you were at a wedding and those two invited you to their wedding? or those two just wanted your number?

They told me my family was invited to a wedding (which is a lie) and they wanted my mobile number.

They told me I am invited to some random wedding(not their wedding) at this wedding and they wanted my mobile number. Obviously the wedding invite is a lie.

ReputationRep:
    Were you at a wedding, and then the two men came from outside, or have you been invited to a wedding, which these two men have not, but are trying to get your number by pretending that they too have been invited to the wedding, that has not taken place yet?

ReputationRep:
    Just leave them alone, ignore them, no point worrying about it,
    Did you know them?

ReputationRep:
    Just ignore them, no reason to do anything else.
    Nothing has affected anyone here.

Thanks for the replies.

I was at this wedding 3 weeks ago, which these two men were also at the wedding, they told me I've been invited to some wedding which they need my mobile number.

Of course, their is no wedding my family is invited to, so they lied about that. Not sure why they wanted my mobile number.

Yes I know these two men for so many years.

ReputationRep:
    They're just lying to try and get your number... Sounds like they suck at it too, just ignore them

ReputationRep:
    To me it sounds like they were just lying to get your number. I'd ignore it imo

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they are angry I called them liars and hate me now.

Anyway, they was making me look like a fool, it's like saying "meet us at 10pm at Asda", I go to Asda and no one is there. I felt angry they didn't even say "there is actually no wedding", so they made me believe the lie.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you getting so stressed over this? Have they been in contact? Did you actually know them? If not don't worry about it and enjoy your life instead of worrying over all this.*

ReputationRep:
    So how many weddings are going on ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    So how many weddings are going on ?

Good question*
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Ignore them maybe?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.