Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just got an accomodation offer back for Bowden Court, which was 3rd on my list and I ain't really too chuffed about it

I was hoping for Whitworth (which I put as first), mainly due to the (very) short distance from the campus I'll be studying at, the gym and the activities that go on there (mainly the Salsa classes :P), and I made sure to note that on the application

Now I'm wondering if there is any sort of procedure to request a different placement (to Whitworth), because surely Whitworth cannot be fully booked now, since if I understand correctly, they only allocate places after offers have been made unconditional?

ReputationRep:
    If you read some off the threads below this it appears you can. However they may also reserve x amount off places for unconditionals the rest going to conditional offers / postgrads etc. Thus for people with your criteria all spaces may be allocated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DIPESH.V)
    If you read some off the threads below this it appears you can. However they may also reserve x amount off places for unconditionals the rest going to conditional offers / postgrads etc. Thus for people with your criteria all spaces may be allocated.

That's a very good point from Dipesh. I guess it's worth a shot, email them and ask but as Dipesh says, it may well not be possible now that you've actually got your offer. But always try, I haven't had my offer yet but I'll be getting it soon and a few days ago, I asked if my preferences could be changed (I didn't think they could at this late stage) and they did get changed

ReputationRep:
    Well I've sent them an email, so I guess it's just the waiting game now

It's odd because Bowden Court is apparently "In high demand", only has a hundred odd places, and Whitworth Park isn't and has 1200+ places

ReputationRep:
    Wish I had read this thread yesterday BEFORE i paid the 150 GBP.

ReputationRep:
    It says somewhere on the Manchester accommodation website that in October (just before you pay your first installment of accommodation fees) there is a big period where people can change halls if they want to. So, don't worry, many new places become available in the halls after the start of term for various reasons and it's perfectly possible to get moved.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same position as you. I've got an offer for Lambert and Fairfield which was my 3rd choice. I only put it down to make up the numbers to be honest. Now i'm going to ask them if they can change the offer to one of my other 2 choices.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.