Turn on thread page Beta

S91a burglary with attemot to comitt any if the ulterior offences. GBH/CD/Theft watch

ReputationRep:
    In just need help on the mens rea I know this is a specific intent crime
    But I just want someone to go over and check that I'm
    Doing it
    Right

For the AR for CD/theft/GBH I'll refer to
    S1.1 and s.1(2) if the crimjnak attempt act and add some case law stating why the act was than merely preparatory. For example Boyce v Boyce & R&B shivpuri etc.

Then I'll move in the mens rea if it was Attempted GBH I'll do purpose intention( r v stean) or indirect (r v woolin) virtual certainity test.

If the attempted crime was Criminal damage I would do purpose intent again r v steane intention as to ones actions causing damage to ones property. And having intention to damage and destroy property chandler v dpp.

If te attempted offence was theft
    I would do intention to permanently deprive chandler v dpp or r v stean. The. I'll do r v ghost dishonesty. Add the lawful accuse if it applies under this section 2(1)a,b, or c.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.