Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, well i have cracked the screan. My dad will actually kill me cus he uses it as well. Is there anyway of getting it repaired and how much mightnit cost if its possible.

Please!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jsk)
    Ok, well i have cracked the screan. My dad will actually kill me cus he uses it as well. Is there anyway of getting it repaired and how much mightnit cost if its possible.

Please!!!
    Screen replacement can cost a fortune, I wouldnt expect you to get it done for less than £200. Have you just damaged the surface of the screen or have you damaged the actual screen underneath as well? Sometimes it can be cheaper to replace the laptop unfortuantly, be warned.

ReputationRep:
    Unless its an expensive laptop it may well not be worth repairing. Most places will charge around £200-£300 for this job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jsk)

Please!!!
    How'd you manage that.
    Staring at your reflection? :p:
    Anyway, if you are good with your hand you could fit it yourself. A screen depending on what size it is normally would be around 110 quid.
    Be warned, it's really damn tricky and difficult to do.

ReputationRep:
    Ditto what everyone else has said; better to fess up and let your dad claim it on his insurance.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my dad knows now my laptop only cost £400. and its the but inderneth. And as for how i did it, i had a pen on the key pad and closed the laptop, heard a creak, switched it on and saw there was a crack one end to the other. Im still using it though so its not that bad, as long as you dont keep moving it. Dad said he would bye me a new one at christmas and we will just have to put up with it until then. We gave my computer to my cousin so i dont have a desktop either. Oh well, i think it would be cheaper to get a new one.

Thanks all!

ReputationRep:
    You could always buy a monitor and use that with your laptop. You can get some nice widescreen ones for £100 now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jsk)
    Yeah my dad knows now my laptop only cost £400. and its the but inderneth. And as for how i did it, i had a pen on the key pad and closed the laptop, heard a creak, switched it on and saw there was a crack one end to the other. Im still using it though so its not that bad, as long as you dont keep moving it. Dad said he would bye me a new one at christmas and we will just have to put up with it until then. We gave my computer to my cousin so i dont have a desktop either. Oh well, i think it would be cheaper to get a new one.

Thanks all!
    Your dad seems to more or less have let you off the hook, considering your getting a new 1 at xmas. May I ask y on earth did you have a pen on the keypad?

ReputationRep:
    Oh I'm glad its all settled now

ReputationRep:
    yeh my screens cracked & keys 8roke & 8ottom melted im still usin it.. we sent it for repair under warranty my dads goin mad coz they sent it 8ack today with nothin done & the screen made worse.. will they have to giv a new laptop when he takes it in tommorow?

ReputationRep:
    i didnt.. it was sent for a small rrepair & came 8ack with the screen screw which was loose causin the massive crack in the screen the key just stopped working 1 day & i lifted it a little & its come up too much oops thats a small repair the 8ottom of the laptop just melted & the grill has 8roken away.. i didnt touch the 8ottom or the screen!!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.