• Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    ^^
    Do you think that white converse would look good with a wedding dress?
    I pretty much live in comfortable shoes, can't wear heels at all or flats for more than a couple of hours, so i was thinking why not be comfortable and wear white converse with ribbon instead of laces for the day. But thought i'd ask for opinions as although people have done it before, its not particularly traditional:P

ReputationRep:
    i cant wear heels either so im gonna wear sparkly dolly shoes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    ^^
    I pretty much live in comfortable shoes, can't wear heels at all or flats for more than a couple of hours, so i was thinking why not be comfortable and wear white converse with ribbon instead of laces for the day. But thought i'd ask for opinions as although people have done it before, its not particularly traditional:P
    What looks cool now will be a source of potential embarrassment in 5/10/20 years' time on the photos. Minimise that by being as classic as possible is my philosophy and advice.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    What looks cool now will be a source of potential embarrassment in 5/10/20 years' time on the photos. Minimise that by being as classic as possible is my philosophy and advice.
    So stick with classic flat ivory shoes? I want as cheap as shoes as possible to free up budget for dresses really, but it would feel a little bit of a waste if i couldn't wear shoes ever again.

ReputationRep:
    If your wedding dress is long enough it won't matter anyway. But overall do whatever you're happy and comfortable with. I feel like it will be one of these things you laugh with your grandchildren at later.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    i cant wear heels either so im gonna wear sparkly dolly shoes
    white sparkly ones?

ReputationRep:
    white sparkly ones?
    oh yes

• Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Nadile)
    If your wedding dress is long enough it won't matter anyway. But overall do whatever you're happy and comfortable with. I feel like it will be one of these things you laugh with your grandchildren at later.
    I will definitely be going with a long dress so i guess people won't really see what shoes i m wearing. I do plan on keeping shoes, flowers and my dress to show the grandkids for sure :P
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    oh yes

ooh i quite like those might ask the bridesmaids if they'd want to wear something similar to those in the colour of whatever dresses they get

ReputationRep:
    Why not get blinged up converse?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Frizzy one)
    Why not get blinged up converse?
    I m not particularly into blinged up things, i ll be getting a pretty plain dress and my hair won't be too different to my natural hair.

ReputationRep:
    I m not particularly into blinged up things, i ll be getting a pretty plain dress and my hair won't be too different to my natural hair.
    Oh right. What about some like this: they're not too blingy https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/n...dding-converse
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Frizzy one)
    Oh right. What about some like this: they're not too blingy https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/n...dding-converse
    ooh if they do them without the crystals that's not too blingy at all.

ReputationRep:
    So stick with classic flat ivory shoes? I want as cheap as shoes as possible to free up budget for dresses really, but it would feel a little bit of a waste if i couldn't wear shoes ever again.
    Classic plain ivory ballet pumps like the ones above would be my suggestion. They don't date.

ReputationRep:
    If you don't want some super expensive heels then just get some silver/white flats for like £50 or so
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Carnationlilyrose)
    Classic plain ivory ballet pumps like the ones above would be my suggestion. They don't date.
    I'll look into a pair of those, plenty of time to find some comfortable ones hopefully
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    ^^
    I had a friend who did this. She had a shorter 50s style dress to go with it, so it looked really good and fitted with the theme of the wedding. Ribbons instead of laces sounds really lovely too

I think with a longer more traditional dress it wouldn't work so well, and I agree with Carnationlilyrose that you might look back and feel a bit cringe about it.

ReputationRep:
    Hell yeah, they'd look brilliant! I was considering them or Vans as my wedding shoes but will probably go with silver glittery dolly shoes. Definitely not heels of any kind, I'd sooner wear Crocs :laugh:

Wear whatever you feel comfortable in on your big day. I'm sure you'll make a beautiful bride
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    If you don't want some super expensive heels then just get some silver/white flats for like £50 or so
    £50 on shoes?! I was thinking more like £30 or less really.

ReputationRep:
    £50 on shoes?! I was thinking more like £30 or less really.
    not much difference between £50 and £30 really tho but the quality might vary quite a bit so depends how much you care about what sort of shoes you're wearing

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.