Turn on thread page Beta

How much time per day do you use FB? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    And also, what do you usually think about a person who posts/updates their profile very rarely? Does it bother you? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I use it so little that theres no point in me having an account tbh. My last status post was a couple years ago at least!

And i think it shows theyre more civilized! They dont rely on social media to be accepted in life. They find enjoyment in other things which the modern generation do not.
    I think its a good thing tbh!

ReputationRep:
    I don't use Facebook much tbh, I text my friends instead, or use Snapchat and Whatsapp. Those people who regularly update their profile photos, they don't bother me much.

ReputationRep:
    like 20 mins but TSR is like 4 hours lmao

ReputationRep:
    I spend too much time on it tbh

I try and only browse on it intermittently throughout the day but end up getting dragged out of boredom even though scrolling through FB isn't that fun either :laugh:

I don't think bad of anyone who doesn't post regularly as maybe they only really use FB for the messaging part of it.

ReputationRep:
    I only really use it to check if I have any notifications, so perhaps a few minutes per day; I only really use Facebook as a point of contact.

So many things about it annoy me. I hate that stupid "Trending" News Feed box-thing in the top corner that produces the most trivial and misleading news reports about pretty much nothing or people I've never heard of. I have also 'Unfollowed' so many of my friends so that I don't get their updates in my news feed that I realised one day that I may as well just delete them all.

(Original post by AQuestion1)
    And also, what do you usually think about a person who posts/updates their profile very rarely? Does it bother you?
    Nah. I am that person. :hand:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    like 20 mins but TSR is like 4 hours lmao
    Haha wow, people tend to say Snapchat etc. but it's true, TSR can be interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Haha wow, people tend to say Snapchat etc. but it's true, TSR can be interesting.
    I don't even have the snapchat app ; it seems so pointless and dull but TSR always has some interesting threads hmmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davalla)
    I only really use it to check if I have any notifications, so perhaps a few minutes per day; I only really use Facebook as a point of contact.

So many things about it annoy me. I hate that stupid "Trending" News Feed box-thing in the top corner that produces the most trivial and misleading news reports about pretty much nothing or people I've never heard of. I have also 'Unfollowed' so many of my friends so that I don't get their updates in my news feed that I realised one day that I may as well just delete them all.

Nah. I am that person. :hand:
    I think I have about 40 people blocked on my Facebook account and the amount of people whose posts I have hidden mean I typically only get tom daley's posts on my newsfeed nowadays lmao

ReputationRep:
    Another question, would their lack of updates make you unfriend them? What would make you unfriend someone?
    And what do you think of friends who are on FB frequently?

ReputationRep:
    Absolute maximum is five minutes. Only reason I keep it there is the off chance I need to message someone. Used to endlessly scroll through Fb, don't anymore. It's a toxic social media just bursting with falseness and just makes me bitter and jealous.
    Also, cat memes are more interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Let's just say I spend a lot of time on facebook..

ReputationRep:
    Once or twice a week or twice a month.

And also, what do you usually think about a person who posts/updates their profile very rarely? Does it bother you? Thanks.
    No it doesn't, depending on how close you are to them it gives you chance to talk.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I have never really been on my Facebook. It's not even my real name on my Facebook. I just use it to sign into my Texas Hold'em Poker apps so I can get free chips. I've never posted or updated my status. I certainly don't have any pictures on it. I just really dont want Facebook. I don't want to hear some girl that I dated 10 years ago telling people I have a small penis and I am a jerk. I already know that I don't need to be reminded.

ReputationRep:
    Probably cumulatively about 15-20 mins a day. I just log in and out from time to time to get quick updates

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.