The Student Room Group

What jobs do you think fit my interests?

Hi , I was wondering if you could help me,I'm hoping to study eng lit at uni and I really enjoy writing stories/poetry which I post on my blog http://anansicorner.blogspot.co.uk/ (no idea if I'm good)

I've also recently been looking at adverts and I've been coming up with my own advert ideas (basic outlines mainly focusing on the visual aspects but not much in the way of dialogue)

I was thinking about future careers but I'm not sure what route to go down since I also want to help create new ideas and be able to express myself.

I know I'm unlikely to earn loads of money but I'm interested in it.I also want to feel like I'm helping people.Any advice?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Who said you're unlikely to earn loads of money? Have you considered journalism, where you write articles for newspapers and magazines? I think it might be an interest to you.

Have a look at these websites, they're quite useful. :smile:
- fasttomato.com
- prospects.ac.uk
Thinking outside the box, it may be too early for you to set your career in concrete. A better question you could ask is What do I like studying and where will it take me?

Anyway, here's a really interesting personality/career quiz on Prospects: https://www.prospects.ac.uk/

hamza ahmad luton 786 hertfordshire hamzaahmad786
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by scrawlx101
Hi , I was wondering if you could help me,I'm hoping to study eng lit at uni and I really enjoy writing stories/poetry which I post on my blog http://anansicorner.blogspot.co.uk/ (no idea if I'm good)

I've also recently been looking at adverts and I've been coming up with my own advert ideas (basic outlines mainly focusing on the visual aspects but not much in the way of dialogue)

I was thinking about future careers but I'm not sure what route to go down since I also want to help create new ideas and be able to express myself.

I know I'm unlikely to earn loads of money but I'm interested in it.I also want to feel like I'm helping people.Any advice?

Journalism, Copy Writing, Marketing etc..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Princepieman
Journalism, Copy Writing, Marketing etc..

Posted from TSR Mobile

can you give me a brief description of what a career in marketing is? I'm a bit confused
Original post by scrawlx101
can you give me a brief description of what a career in marketing is? I'm a bit confused

Marketing has a few aspects to it:

- Advertising:
Here it can range from script writing for adverts, to designing billboards, to social media. That's all the creative side, there's also more salesy account management duties.

- Brand Management:
Overseeing the strategic part of a 'brand', you're responsible for directly influencing revenue by increasing brand outreach in any which way or form. You work alongside advertisers but you're a voice to the business

- Market Research:
Pulling insights on customer trends and writing reports up about how customers are behaving

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending