Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hi, i just wanted to know exactly what catered accomadation is and how it works. i know that baisically food is made for you... but do you have to eat it? i.e. personally i do like to cook but i would often not b bothered and would rather eat a meal already made. if i got catered accom. do you pay in one go for the whole catering (i.e. inc. in rent) or do you pay per meal you eat because i wouldnt want to pay extra for catered and then waste the money and not eat it .

thanks

ReputationRep:
    It depends upon the hall.

Here, you pay for it with your rent, so if you don't eat your food then you'll just waste your money. At our halls, if you can't get to the dining hall at lunch time then they'll make a packed lunch for you if you ask the day before, and you can pick it up in the morning.

Some places have a sort of "credit" system, so you don't waste your money if you don't want to eat what they serve.

One problem you may have is the lack of kitchen provided in catered accommodation. You'll only have a very basic for making snacks and things, so if you like to cook, then you'll be a bit screwed unless you can borrow a mate's kitchen.

ReputationRep:
    Portsmouth runs a ticket system, if you miss a meal you can always use it for a breakfast or brunch, meals were like a school canteen you go up dish up what u want(from a range of menus) and then have you ticket clipped, meal times were set but if you arnt able to make it you can order late meals you choose anything off that days menu and its available to pick up later from the bar.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.