• TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Don't worry, I've no intention of revealing any real details what did you find out btw?
    What Hermione is now. Which threw me a bit. Don't think she would have gone for that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fireplace123)
    Ah I'm so excited!
    Pre ordered the book from amazon- hopefully it'll come on Sunday!

more tickets are going to become available and sadly i simply cannot afford the rocket high prices and it breaks my heart
    So did I! I can't wait till it's delivered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    What Hermione is now. Which threw me a bit. Don't think she would have gone for that!
    Oh.. this is really nothing comparing to the rest of the plot........
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Oh.. this is really nothing comparing to the rest of the plot........
    Shush, shush! I know the kids' Sorting too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Shush, shush! I know the kids' Sorting too.
    Im afraid that there's something much, much more sinister awaiting........ :giggle: But I will not spoil it for you lol

ReputationRep:
    The play was amazing btw. I'm so glad I watched it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bizzy_penguin)
    we all know what's happening on Sunday...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b02d5d5ed47f60

#KEEPTHESECRETS
    NO SPOILERS
    RESPECT #KEEPTHESECRETS
    OMG OMG. WHY WAS i NOT INFORMED, I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW. I CANT STOP CRYING, LIFE IS SO BEAUTIFUL.

(Original post by Ciel.)
    Im afraid that there's something much, much more sinister awaiting........ :giggle: But I will not spoil it for you lol
    Would you tell me?:flutter: I don't want to read the script or see the play, but I'd like to know what the plot is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
    Would you tell me?:flutter: I don't want to read the script or see the play, but I'd like to know what the plot is.
    PMed you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    PMed you.
    As for part 2 just google cursed child spoilers reddit

ReputationRep:
    jesus wept, I have been reading the reddit spoilers and this plot seems like utter madness......no way am I considering it canon! JK has retoconned a lot of stuff

ReputationRep:
    I walked under the M1 near where I work and this sign appeared
    Name:  Image089 (2).jpg
Views: 74
Size:  79.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    "Fantastic Beasts"

ReputationRep:
    It really did feel like I was reading a HP fan fiction. I laughed at the big reveal, it's such a weird idea. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm it seems so farfetched and I know in a play it might work but reading it there just didn't seem like enough detail or context for it to seem realistic! I mean it does really seem like fan fiction..

I'll be honest, I wrote a fan fiction about HP a few years ago where Voldemort had a daughter, but she was also the granddaughter of Dumbledore so atleast they didn't get as farfetched as 13 year old me

P.S My fan fiction was awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    jesus wept, I have been reading the reddit spoilers and this plot seems like utter madness......no way am I considering it canon! JK has retoconned a lot of stuff
    It has spoilt at least two characters for me, and also going back and looking at the 7th film is interesting now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sorani)
    It has spoilt at least two characters for me, and also going back and looking at the 7th film is interesting now.
    It's just annoying like there is a lot of flaws in the logic especially if you read HBP and go back to earlier book passages in book 5! Plus the whole cliched story it was just weird and definitely Dosent make sense to make 1 of those characters as they did!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neal95)
    It's just annoying like there is a lot of flaws in the logic especially if you read HBP and go back to earlier book passages in book 5! Plus the whole cliched story it was just weird and definitely Dosent make sense to make 1 of those characters as they did!
    As you say, it's a complete retcon, there's no evidence behind half the stuff going on and it's a pity because it's a very amateur thing to do as a writer.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    2/3 of the way through and I am really disappointed. Don't like this story at all.

Update: I finished it and I hate it. Why on Earth did JK put her name to this tripe?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I really enjoyed it. Maybe I'm biased because I'm a potterhead who desperately craves for something hp related, but even though I know it's not the book of the year, I loved it ! I'm used to fanfictions and I must admit it made me think of one, but if it had been, I would have thought it was a good one. The plot may seem a bit farfetched to some people, and yes there are flaws, but I feel like if it had been a novel, there would have been more details. And once again, it conveyed a simple but efficient message. Definitely worth it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.