3rd Aug: What do you do when you need some space?

Watch this thread
BBC Radio 1
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Whether it’s carving out a space of your own in a crowded house, or giving yourself some headspace when you’ve had a tough day, The Surgery this week is all about how to self-care and feel better.

How do you take time out when you need a break from the world? Do you practise self-care? Do you meditate?

Join Gemma and the experts on Wednesday 3rd August to share your advice and get some back.

Please note: You can post on this forum anonymously.
Pickles
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by BBC Radio 1)
Whether it’s carving out a space of your own in a crowded house, or giving yourself some headspace when you’ve had a tough day, The Surgery this week is all about how to self-care and feel better.

How do you take time out when you need a break from the world? Do you practise self-care? Do you meditate?

Join Gemma and the experts on Wednesday 3rd August to share your advice and get some back.

I love going for a long run or going to the gym to give me some time away from everything. Exercise is actually amazing for you to gather your thoughts, even if you go for a walk
Platopus
Badges: 19
Report 5 years ago

I love having a bath and reading a good book to escape from it all.
scrawlx101
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
read or go gym
LostInPanda
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Play guitar and sing. It's the only thing that distracts me completely.
Anonymous #1
Report 5 years ago
Depends tbh.
Sometimes i just switch everyone off but tbh talking to people usually makes me feel better although i do think there is such a thing as talking to much and you get tired of the question 'how are you' etc
The best thing that I love doing is listening to my music in the forest and then running down this grassy bank it is just great
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I generally listen to up beat songs and dance like an idiot.
Alison4689
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I usually write a facebook status declaring me MIA for a particular timeframe, I put my phone on do not disturb mode, lock my front door and make full use of my speakers or book shelves for a few hours or more.

Some people think of me as ignorant, selfish or just odd but that's not my intention. I just need the time to zone out and let go of any niggling everyday issues and stress, I'm much more pleasant after!
fefssdf
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Whyyyy is tsr not there ????? wrong thread oooops
Kallisto
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
When I need a break or a time out, I would even sign myself off work, if it is too tough. Otherwise I am reading books or drawing pictures to come to a rest. Do that in my own walls, that is a good relaxation.

Doing sports helps a lot too.*
absolemo
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I go to my bed and sleep. No one disturbs me in my dreams.
Kallisto
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by scrawlx101)
read or go gym
People always said that reading does not enable to relax only, but also to disappear from real life for a while and to come into a world of your own imaginations. Would you say this goes for you too?*
Tanqueray91
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Unhealthily) I usually curl up in bed with a box of beer (or G&Ts) and stick on a tv show!! Sometimes I read, if it's a really good book, that can definitely just help me forget about the world!
TeenRose29
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago

I listen to some calming music or just hit a punchbag to let my anger out if I'm angry or ****ed off ❤️ But I mostly try to stay happy because that's the best thing in everyone's life!☺️ Even though I'm the only teen/child in the house apart from my parents my mum still doesn't let me have any time to myself. 😁
Kallisto
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
I generally listen to up beat songs and dance like an idiot.
I guess this goes for me too. But whenever I am feeling good, I need to dance. That is why I don't care, the feeling is the main point. Am I right? *
A Mysterious Lord
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Gym.
scrawlx101
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
People always said that reading does not enable to relax only, but also to disappear from real life for a while and to come into a world of your own imaginations. Would you say this goes for you too?*
i zone out sometimes if thats what u mean
Kallisto
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by scrawlx101)
i zone out sometimes if thats what u mean
Something like that, but in addition to that I asked you whether reading awakes a creativity in you.*
tamil fever
Report 5 years ago
eat chocolate cake or watch movies
Kallisto
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tamil fever)
eat chocolate cake or watch movies
Sounds good, like chocolate cakes!:bigsmile: are you rather watching movies in a cinema or in TV?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (52)
26.4%
As I expected (65)
32.99%
Harder (72)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.06%

Watched Threads