Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

3rd Aug: What do you do when you need some space? watch

• Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Whether it’s carving out a space of your own in a crowded house, or giving yourself some headspace when you’ve had a tough day, The Surgery this week is all about how to self-care and feel better.

How do you take time out when you need a break from the world? Do you practise self-care? Do you meditate?

Join Gemma and the experts on Wednesday 3rd August to share your advice and get some back.

Please note: You can post on this forum anonymously.
    • TSR Community Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by BBC Radio 1)
    Whether it’s carving out a space of your own in a crowded house, or giving yourself some headspace when you’ve had a tough day, The Surgery this week is all about how to self-care and feel better.

How do you take time out when you need a break from the world? Do you practise self-care? Do you meditate?

Join Gemma and the experts on Wednesday 3rd August to share your advice and get some back.

I love going for a long run or going to the gym to give me some time away from everything. Exercise is actually amazing for you to gather your thoughts, even if you go for a walk

I love having a bath and reading a good book to escape from it all.

ReputationRep:
    read or go gym

ReputationRep:
    Play guitar and sing. It's the only thing that distracts me completely.

Depends tbh.
    Sometimes i just switch everyone off but tbh talking to people usually makes me feel better although i do think there is such a thing as talking to much and you get tired of the question 'how are you' etc
    The best thing that I love doing is listening to my music in the forest and then running down this grassy bank it is just great
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I generally listen to up beat songs and dance like an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    I usually write a facebook status declaring me MIA for a particular timeframe, I put my phone on do not disturb mode, lock my front door and make full use of my speakers or book shelves for a few hours or more.

Some people think of me as ignorant, selfish or just odd but that's not my intention. I just need the time to zone out and let go of any niggling everyday issues and stress, I'm much more pleasant after!

ReputationRep:
    Whyyyy is tsr not there ????? wrong thread oooops
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    When I need a break or a time out, I would even sign myself off work, if it is too tough. Otherwise I am reading books or drawing pictures to come to a rest. Do that in my own walls, that is a good relaxation.

Doing sports helps a lot too.*

ReputationRep:
    I go to my bed and sleep. No one disturbs me in my dreams.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by scrawlx101)
    read or go gym
    People always said that reading does not enable to relax only, but also to disappear from real life for a while and to come into a world of your own imaginations. Would you say this goes for you too?*
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Unhealthily) I usually curl up in bed with a box of beer (or G&Ts) and stick on a tv show!! Sometimes I read, if it's a really good book, that can definitely just help me forget about the world!

ReputationRep:

I listen to some calming music or just hit a punchbag to let my anger out if I'm angry or pissed off ❤️ But I mostly try to stay happy because that's the best thing in everyone's life!☺️ Even though I'm the only teen/child in the house apart from my parents my mum still doesn't let me have any time to myself. 😁
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    I generally listen to up beat songs and dance like an idiot.
    I guess this goes for me too. But whenever I am feeling good, I need to dance. That is why I don't care, the feeling is the main point. Am I right? *

ReputationRep:
    Gym.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    People always said that reading does not enable to relax only, but also to disappear from real life for a while and to come into a world of your own imaginations. Would you say this goes for you too?*
    i zone out sometimes if thats what u mean
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by scrawlx101)
    i zone out sometimes if thats what u mean
    Something like that, but in addition to that I asked you whether reading awakes a creativity in you.*

eat chocolate cake or watch movies
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by tamil fever)
    eat chocolate cake or watch movies
    Sounds good, like chocolate cakes!:bigsmile: are you rather watching movies in a cinema or in TV?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Welcome to the official BBC Radio 1: The Surgery forum. This forum is a chance for you to ask your questions and join the discussion here, you may even get a chance to get involved live on air.

Listen to the show live here

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.