telephone interview tips? Watch

chocmonster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
hola everyone.....

i have a telephone interview on friday (eeek yes the 13th)...the interview is supposed to last 15minutes.

anyone got any heads up on what I can do to impress?...apart from reading proper newspapers over the next couple of days and going over my research?

Cheers!
silence
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i'm far from an expert, but questions which have stumped me at interview (due to lack of preparation) are things like 'why law?', 'why work in london?' (if it's a london firm) and 'why this firm?'
naelse
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Telephone interview tips:

Give them a landline number if possible- you don't want reception problems to cut your interview short.

Have a glass of water nearby- you need to be able to speak as clearly as possible and a dry mouth can make speach sound slurred. Good diction is very important on the phone.

Sit up straight and smile as you talk- this makes a really big difference to the tone of your voice and you want to sound confident and relaxed.

Have a notebook with key points that you want to get across if necessary, but don't write a script- it will be obvious and you're more likely to trip over challenging questions.

Everything else as normal for an interview.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (283)
44.99%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (189)
30.05%
I don't have an opinion (157)
24.96%

Watched Threads