Turn on thread page Beta

What social media/network do you prefer? watch

• View Poll Results: Best social network/media?
    Facebook
    20.06%
    Instagram
    16.44%
    Twitter
    16.86%
    Snapchat
    9.93%
    YouTube
    26.47%
    Tumblr
    5.12%
    Vine
    0.11%
    Other (tell me!)
    5.02%

ReputationRep:
    We use them every day, but what is everybody's favourite to use and why?

Personally, I think Youtube is my favourite, just because it's easy to watch videos etc. I think Facebook, although I use it the most, is actually quite boring! However, in this day and age it has become a bit essential

ReputationRep:
    Twitter - it's very simple and straightforward to use.

But I agree YouTube is cool too! Do you have a channel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t s)
    Twitter - it's very simple and straightforward to use.

But I agree YouTube is cool too! Do you have a channel?
    I want to like Twitter - especially as I try and use it to promote my blog - but I just find it a bit bleurgh! I have no idea why

Noooo, I would hate to be in front of a camera It is pretty cool how people have forged careers out of doing it though, fair play to them

ReputationRep:
    Even though I use Facebook the most it's also my least favourite

ReputationRep:
    Maybe add Tumblr & Vine to the list? Both are very popular

ReputationRep:
    Instagram and twitter is what I use the most

ReputationRep:
    I only use Twitter for news (live news or football results) and Youtube, I do my best to avoid social media.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george_c00per)
    Maybe add Tumblr & Vine to the list? Both are very popular
    Good thinking - knew I missed a couple!

ReputationRep:
    The Student Room

I like IG but my photos usually get 70likes but 0 comments xD. I have some random youtuber with 20k followers who is following me maybe one day he will loke my pic and that will act as a shoutout.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanCream)
    I only use Twitter for news (live news or football results) and Youtube, I do my best to avoid social media.
    Yeah I like Twitter for stuff like that, especially for breaking news! YouTube is becoming a bit annoying with all the adverts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    The Student Room

I like IG but my photos usually get 70likes but 0 comments xD. I have some random youtuber with 20k followers who is following me maybe one day he will loke my pic and that will act as a shoutout.
    I normally get 4 or 5 likes if I'm lucky

ReputationRep:
    Reddit

ReputationRep:
    I use Instagram way more than I should. I used to use Twitter everyday but now I don't really see the point to it I get bored so easily though with social media.

ReputationRep:
    I really like youtube since you can make videos with unlimited length on it. I hate twitter since it has a lot of investors from less than acceptable sources.

ReputationRep:
    I mostly use IG and snapchat

ReputationRep:
    gotta be that LinkedIn uno

ReputationRep:
    Kaixin001 you ****ing plebs. :jive:

ReputationRep:
    MySpace
    Nah but seriously. I personally think FaceBook is but they all have their own pros and cons.

ReputationRep:
    Youtube cuz youtube has everything. I can watch music videos, tutorials, funny sketches, documentaries and youtubers, You can find just about anything on youtube for help or entertainment.
    I barely use tumblr unless I want to see blogs. gifs, and photos.

ReputationRep:
    Every network that furthers narcissism is utter shyte .... oh wait, thats all of them.

Just kidding. I went for YouTube. Thats where I spend 95% of my "social media" time.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 1, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.