Tesco - are there any employees who can help?

Watch
catkit01
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So, I had my Tesco induction on the 22/07/2016 and started my first day on the 23rd (Sat) and 24th (Sun).

I also worked this week 27th (Wed) and 28th (Thurs).

Today it's the 29th (obviously) and I was told that today was payday. I know that I would have only worked a few days, but I was expecting to atleast have been paid for the first week. Will that all just be added to the next payday, which I assume is the 26th August?

Thanks
username1799249
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is there anyone in your branch you can ask? They will be able to give an authoritative answer.
doodle_333
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
it's normal to not be paid til the next month if you only work a few days at the end don't worry

it's also normal in those sorts of jobs to be paid in arrears, meaning you get paid for July at the end of august etc
peaaceandl0ve
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
When I worked at Tesco we were paid for the shifts up to a week before payday. So, for the other Tesco workers, if payday was on the 29th then they would have been paid for their hours up to the 22nd
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by catkit01)
So, I had my Tesco induction on the 22/07/2016 and started my first day on the 23rd (Sat) and 24th (Sun).

I also worked this week 27th (Wed) and 28th (Thurs).

Today it's the 29th (obviously) and I was told that today was payday. I know that I would have only worked a few days, but I was expecting to atleast have been paid for the first week. Will that all just be added to the next payday, which I assume is the 26th August?

Thanks
It's pretty standard for Payroll to have a cut off date in the middle of the month, 15th, 16th, 17th ish. If your hiring paperwork isn't completed by then, you can't be paid at the end of the month, but you get the 5 or 6 weeks worth of pay at the end of your first full month. I suspect, whatever system Tesco's are running, nothing would be fast enough to manage hiring confirmed on a Friday (last working day of the week for HR) and payment one week later.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.21%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (66)
30.41%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
11.52%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.29%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.53%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.65%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed