The Student Room Group

Tesco - are there any employees who can help?

So, I had my Tesco induction on the 22/07/2016 and started my first day on the 23rd (Sat) and 24th (Sun).

I also worked this week 27th (Wed) and 28th (Thurs).

Today it's the 29th (obviously) and I was told that today was payday. I know that I would have only worked a few days, but I was expecting to atleast have been paid for the first week. Will that all just be added to the next payday, which I assume is the 26th August?

Thanks
Is there anyone in your branch you can ask? They will be able to give an authoritative answer.
it's normal to not be paid til the next month if you only work a few days at the end don't worry

it's also normal in those sorts of jobs to be paid in arrears, meaning you get paid for July at the end of august etc
When I worked at Tesco we were paid for the shifts up to a week before payday. So, for the other Tesco workers, if payday was on the 29th then they would have been paid for their hours up to the 22nd
Original post by catkit01
So, I had my Tesco induction on the 22/07/2016 and started my first day on the 23rd (Sat) and 24th (Sun).

I also worked this week 27th (Wed) and 28th (Thurs).

Today it's the 29th (obviously) and I was told that today was payday. I know that I would have only worked a few days, but I was expecting to atleast have been paid for the first week. Will that all just be added to the next payday, which I assume is the 26th August?

Thanks

It's pretty standard for Payroll to have a cut off date in the middle of the month, 15th, 16th, 17th ish. If your hiring paperwork isn't completed by then, you can't be paid at the end of the month, but you get the 5 or 6 weeks worth of pay at the end of your first full month. I suspect, whatever system Tesco's are running, nothing would be fast enough to manage hiring confirmed on a Friday (last working day of the week for HR) and payment one week later.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending