Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How to apply to repeat a year with student finance for complelling personal reasons. watch

    • Thread Starter

    Due to mental health problems my grades have suffered. my university has advised me to apply to repeat the year on medical grounds and I have already applied to the university to do so. When requesting supporting evidence from the university health centre, they have provided the evidence to the university(by emailing a letter to my school administration hub explaining my health problems) so that side of things is o.k. However my G.P has said I need get a compelling personal reasons form from student finance which the surgery will fill in and I can submit that as evidence to them . However my university advice service (which has been very helpful to me in the past) and student finance England are saying I need to provide a signed letter from my G.P. which is it, is there a specific form from student finance England that needs filling in or is it the letter. I don't want to end up with problems getting my student finance coming up to the next university year because if I do ill have to drop out.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2016
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.