Turn on thread page Beta

My Opinion about what the ending will be watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This is my opinion of how the 7th book will go... I know it's kinda late but nevermind.

Basically, i think Harry will turn evil. It's been shown on many occasions he has worried that he is becoming evil and he has no ihabitions about using the Unforgiveable curses and what dark magic he knows.

I suspect Harry is going to train himself up in dark magic and go from there. He might, MIGHT even create a Horcruxe. Ie. Best way to defeat his enemy is to become his enemy.

Either that OR, Dumbledores painting wakes up and trains him.

I think the death hallows is where people who go through the veil in the execution chamber go.

Why do I think this? Well, to be honest Harry is completely incompetant at magic and has nothing on Voldemort.. Dumbledore is the most powerful Wizard who ever lived and only he has matched voldemort using 'Good' methods.
    Certainly Harry or someone has to gain some power from somewhere if he is going to take out Voldemort.

I think Luna will Die, just because its funny. They won't kill off Ron because he is cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spannerism)
    That would render the whole killing-him-off thing rather pointless, wouldn't it? Harry has to go on alone.

As to him suddenly turning evil in the last book, that would be very dissatisfying The idea of him using dark magic to defeat dark magic is an interesting one, but from what's gone in the books so far, I think it's more likely that his best weapon against Voldemort will turn out to be ... drumroll ... love. What form that will take, however, I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid I'm not convinced. Not least because it is children's book and surely good will always prevail over evil in the end.

I think the death hallows is where people who go through the veil in the execution chamber go
    I was under the impression 'hallows' was a word for 'spirits', hence the usage in the word Halloween (Hallows'-evening), meaning Deathly Hallows would be some kind of deathly spirits. Possibly the spirits behind the veil I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    This is my opinion of how the 7th book will go... I know it's kinda late but nevermind.

Basically, i think Harry will turn evil. It's been shown on many occasions he has worried that he is becoming evil and he has no ihabitions about using the Unforgiveable curses and what dark magic he knows.

I suspect Harry is going to train himself up in dark magic and go from there. He might, MIGHT even create a Horcruxe. Ie. Best way to defeat his enemy is to become his enemy.
    Harry becoming evil is unlikely as he can love people and feels great pain and compassion when he has lost someone he cares about. When you're evil, you tend to just shrug these things off so Harry becoming evil is unlikely. He may get really angry but becoming evil is doubtful

As soulofanewmachine said, it would kinda make the whole killing off Dumbledore pointless. I think Harry will talk to the painting, but train him is another matter.

Why do I think this? Well, to be honest Harry is completely incompetant at magic and has nothing on Voldemort.. Dumbledore is the most powerful Wizard who ever lived and only he has matched voldemort using 'Good' methods.
    Certainly Harry or someone has to gain some power from somewhere if he is going to take out Voldemort.
    Harry is quite good at magic. In fact he has shown on many occassions that if he put his mind to it and put the effort in, he could be as smart as Hermione (such has mastering all those jinx's and curses in a short amount of time for the last task of the Triwizard Tornement). Its only because he didn't have the time or cos he was always distracted by something else that has prevented this. Also remember that Harry has faced Voldemort on many occassions and has always survived due to certain skills he poccesses.

And lets not forget that Harry's and Voldemorts wand share the same Phoenix tail feather, so their wands will not work against each other.

ReputationRep:
    Well, to be honest Harry is completely incompetant at magic and has nothing on Voldemort..
    In POA Harry conjures up a patronus in the shape of a horse to save himself and sirius, at that point Hermione mentions that Dumbledore had said that only a great and powerful wizard could do such a thing, so maybe he isnt that useless after all....

ReputationRep:
    I certainly wouldn't say Harry was incompetant at magic. He was the only person in his year to get an E in Defense Against the dark arts. And, I've always felt that if he had Hermione's personality he would have been just as good if not better than her.

I don't think Harry will turn bad at all. Although I wouldn't be suprised if Ron did.. Ron has always wished for glory-- think to what he saw in the mirror. And, then maybe redeem himself and sacrifice his life for Harry's at the end?

I don't know. Am I the only person who doesn't like guessing as to what will happen. If I did guess I would be so disapointed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpinkuk)
    I'm afraid I'm not convinced. Not least because it is children's book and surely good will always prevail over evil in the end.
    I really hope not - it's just too obvious.

ReputationRep:
    Also, I don't think of it as a children's book. I am of the Harry Potter generation. And, I feel the books have grown up with me. I don't really think they're aimed at 7 year olds any more. Hmm, maybe that's just me.

but, gawd.. I will be soo annoyed if there are lots of 7 year olds lining up at midnight to get the book. It's not as though they're going to start reading it that night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpinkuk)
    I was under the impression 'hallows' was a word for 'spirits', hence the usage in the word Halloween (Hallows'-evening), meaning Deathly Hallows would be some kind of deathly spirits. Possibly the spirits behind the veil I suppose.

I think it more accurately refers to Saints. As in, Allhallow's eve was the eve of Allhallowmas, or All Saints' Day. It derives from the Anglo Saxon for 'holy'.

But I don't see saints cropping up in Harry Potter, so JK has probably changed the meaning ...

ReputationRep:
    yeah lucyatthegym! I am of the generation, I remember getting the 3rd book when it came out and the big build up to the 4th book. I will be queuing up at 12 ! About the kids, I agree....Last time I went there were parents getting the book for their kids who had gone to bed.... why not just go out in the morning?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyatthegym)
    I certainly wouldn't say Harry was incompetant at magic. He was the only person in his year to get an E in Defense Against the dark arts. And, I've always felt that if he had Hermione's personality he would have been just as good if not better than her.

I don't think Harry will turn bad at all. Although I wouldn't be suprised if Ron did.. Ron has always wished for glory-- think to what he saw in the mirror. And, then maybe redeem himself and sacrifice his life for Harry's at the end?

I don't know. Am I the only person who doesn't like guessing as to what will happen. If I did guess I would be so disapointed.
    Harry got an O which stands for Outstanding and is the highest grade you can get. And how do you know Harry was the only one to get an O? He was the only one in the trio, but there are 37 other kids in Harrys year. Any one of them could have gotten an O in DADA.

ReputationRep:
    Yea yea I meant O. I'm sure it was said he was the only one.. maybe when they were setting up the DA.. I think Hermione may have said he got the highest grade in the year when she was trying to persuade him to teach them. And, well I assumed that if Hermoine didn't then I very much doubt anyone else would have.

ReputationRep:
    Yea yea I meant O. I'm sure it was said he was the only one.. maybe when they were setting up the DA.. I think Hermione may have said he got the highest grade in the year when she was trying to persuade him to teach them. And, well I assumed that if Hermoine didn't then I very much doubt anyone else would have.
    When Hermoine was trying to persuad Harry to teach she told him that he was the best in DADA but Harry was said no that she's smarter. Then she said the only test they ever sat together he did better than her. ( I really didn't understand what she meant by that though "the only test").

They got their OWL grades at the beginning ot the 6th book and DA was in the 5th so she definitely wasn't basing it on that.

ReputationRep:
    I think that Harry has to die in order for Voldemort to die. Their lives are both interconnected, and the books can't really come to an end without them both dying.

ReputationRep:
    That was in their third year, the OWL year we only know of a few grades that fellow students got so it is very likely that other students got O's as well. Besides, you have to remember that the grading system is different for their first few years at Hogwarts, its based on percentage. Hermione got something like 112% on their first Charms exam.

And simmy, she ment that the only time that she and Harry sat the same test when he got a better grade then her was the DADA in their third year. She means that she did better then him in everything else and she is also refering to the fact that she is taking different subjects to him.

ReputationRep:
    The incident Lucy was talking about happened in the 5th book though.

So they didn't sit the same DADA exam in 1st year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simmy)
    The incident Lucy was talking about happened in the 5th book though.

So they didn't sit the same DADA exam in 1st year?
    Of course it wasn't the same exam. Do you sit the same exams that you had at the end of High School then when you started? Of couse not since you are being tested on more of the spells that you have learnt. Its a similar style of exams, as in you have theory in the morning and practical in the afternoon, but the O.W.L.s and the N.E.W.T.s are marked by the MoM were as the rest of the exams are marked by the teachers themselves.

And it isn't the one in the fifth book, Lucy is thinking of the exam in the third book where Hermione says that Harry got the highest mark in the year. And I know this because Hermione tells Harry this to get him to start the DA. Since the DA was at the start of the fifth book and they don't get their exam results till the sixth book, it can't be the OWLs that Lucy is thinking of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Of course it wasn't the same exam. Do you sit the same exams that you had at the end of High School then when you started? Of couse not since you are being tested on more of the spells that you have learnt. Its a similar style of exams, as in you have theory in the morning and practical in the afternoon, but the O.W.L.s and the N.E.W.T.s are marked by the MoM were as the rest of the exams are marked by the teachers themselves.

And it isn't the one in the fifth book, Lucy is thinking of the exam in the third book where Hermione says that Harry got the highest mark in the year. And I know this because Hermione tells Harry this to get him to start the DA. Since the DA was at the start of the fifth book and they don't get their exam results till the sixth book, it can't be the OWLs that Lucy is thinking of.
    That's not what I meant. In Book 5 when she said it was only exam they ever sat together, I thought it meant that maybe even though they were in same year the individual exams that they took were different.

I know it isn't the OWLS she's thinking of read my above post. I was just saying that the entire incident occurred in the 5th book.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    I don't think she means "Did they sit the same exam in 1st year and 5th year?", rather "Didn't Hermione and Harry both sit the DADA exam in 1st year" thus they would not have sat only one exam together.

I remember Hermione messing up her DADA exam in (I think) 3rd year when it came to the Boggart who turned into McGonagall saying she'd failed everything. Perhaps that was the exam she was referring to?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=pinkpinkuk]I don't think she means "Did they sit the same exam in 1st year and 5th year?", rather "Didn't Hermione and Harry both sit the DADA exam in 1st year" thus they would not have sat only one exam together.
    QUOTE]

That is what I was trying to say. Thanks pinkpinkuk.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.