Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    currently have a test at the end of september but am ready to pass now. impossible to find a cancellation in my current centre, there is one about 25 minutes away that has availiblity from next week. would i be possible to learn an area in a week if i went out driving with my parents?

ReputationRep:
    Did your instructor tell you that you're ready to pass now?

In my opinion, it's best not to rush it. Get as much experience as you can between now and September, there's no point putting pressure on yourself and making it more difficult by rushing it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom476zf)
    currently have a test at the end of september but am ready to pass now. impossible to find a cancellation in my current centre, there is one about 25 minutes away that has availiblity from next week. would i be possible to learn an area in a week if i went out driving with my parents?
    I'm in the same position as you as mine is also in September which is a long time. But I'd rather get more and more practice driving in different areas in case things do go absolutely wrong on the day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boreism)
    I'm in the same position as you as mine is also in September which is a long time. But I'd rather get more and more practice driving in different areas in case things do go absolutely wrong on the day!
    hi got fed up in the end and just decided to book in another centre! hopefully i'll be able to learn the area in around a week aahaha

ReputationRep:
    I did that. I knew the area kind of as my bf lives there. Took me 3 tries to pass my test and failed once because I was confused at some traffic lights and didn't know the area. If you can drive around a bit there first then do. I printed some old test routes out from online and had about 5 lessons in the new area and did the test routes and drove with my parents quite a lot. As long as you can drive you should be okay it was a massive change too from country lanes to massive motorway roundabouts and city style driving
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom476zf)
    hi got fed up in the end and just decided to book in another centre! hopefully i'll be able to learn the area in around a week aahaha
    Please let me know how it goes

By the way where do you live, it sounds like you can have access to different driving test centres? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boreism)
    Please let me know how it goes

By the way where do you live, it sounds like you can have access to different driving test centres? :confused:
    i live in the fareham area so have access to lee on solent and portsmouth centres

and will let you know how it goes!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.