Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What can I do to support feminism? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Serious question. Read an article recently and opened my mind to benefits feminism can have for me as a man. So now interested in what things I can do to help support feminism?

ReputationRep:
    Give me money. It's the best, arguably the only way to support the feminist cause. :scrooge:

ReputationRep:
    https://www.crowdrise.com/extraordin...ly-help-women-

ReputationRep:
    Feminism isn't the same as feminazis. By simply respecting both genders equally and not acting as a superior gender, you're doing your bit. Feminism is about equality, not dominance

ReputationRep:
    Put it down. it is the most kind thing to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virgil.)
    Serious question. Read an article recently and opened my mind to benefits feminism can have for me as a man. So now interested in what things I can do to help support feminism?
    what are you talking about?

ReputationRep:
    Speak up about gender-biased roles in both our society and others, donate to charities helping females abroad who are in danger because of their sex, etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greghayes)
    Feminism isn't the same as feminazis. By simply respecting both genders equally and not acting as a superior gender, you're doing your bit. Feminism is about equality, not dominance
    unfortunately many anti-feminists don't see this, instead seeing the whole feminist movement as a want for female superiority. it sucks, really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    what are you talking about?
    Presumably getting people to realise that feminism, as in, a social movement that hopes to solve the inequality between the sexes, can be beneficial to men despite the "fem" prefix.

It'd be nice if more feminists realised it too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Virgil.)
    *Whyyyy would you want to?* <giant facepalm>

Men are not equal to women. Therefore it is unjust to treat unequal people equally.

Feminism is extremely stupid. Legally feminism has existed for a century +. That's all you need. Socially and culturally, feminism leaves women extremely unhappy, dumbfounded when they can't climb to the same career steps as a man because (and this is from personal experience) they can't pull the same hours or have the same dedication and attitude as a man, and finally, end up dying alone, without children, and without a man with a stable income to support them in their later life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Presumably getting people to realise that feminism, as in, a social movement that hopes to solve the inequality between the sexes, can be beneficial to men despite the "fem" prefix.

It'd be nice if more feminists realised it too.
    it's so sad how this isn't the case - ask 99% of feminists if they support MRAs and they'll say "no"

ReputationRep:
    When you go out for dinner with a girl, demand she pay 50% and claim feminism. Should help them out a lot.

ReputationRep:
    more focused on women in this country. Feminism here is what benefits me most.

(Original post by AperfectBalance)
    Put it down. it is the most kind thing to do
    Put what down?

(Original post by TheContingency)
    x
    Have reported your post. Would suggest you delete it before the mods do, to avoid a black mark against your account. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Support egalitarianism not feminism. Although there are plenty of sound feminists who do want equality and the minority are feminism, that minority have poisoned feminism and given it a terrible name. In today's world why should a group for equality have a gendered pronoun.

This is my opinion. This is my opinion. This is my opinion. This is my opinion. This is my opinion. This is my opinion. This is my opinion. This is my opinion. This is my opinion. This is my opinion. This is my opinion. This is my opinion. This is my opinion. This is my opinion.opinion.

ReputationRep:
    it's so sad how this isn't the case - ask 99% of feminists if they support MRAs and they'll say "no"
    Probably because they think that quite a large portion of MRAs are Red Pill eating keyboard warriors... just like many a person on the Internet thinks that all feminists are feminazis. There's quite a bit of disharmony between the two camps, to say the least... but it'd be great if everyone could come together and sort it out instead of being petty (this obviously doesn't extend to the intelligent members of both camps).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    Probably because they think that quite a large portion of MRAs are Red Pill eating keyboard warriors... just like many a person on the Internet thinks that all feminists are feminazis. There's quite a bit of disharmony between the two camps, to say the least... but it'd be great if everyone could come together and sort it out instead of being petty (this obviously doesn't extend to the intelligent members of both camps).
    red pill was a result of feminazis though surely?

ReputationRep:
    Become a stripper, empower yourself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosopher77)
    *Whyyyy would you want to?* <giant facepalm>

Men are not equal to women. Therefore it is unjust to treat unequal people equally.

Feminism is extremely stupid. Legally feminism has existed for a century +. That's all you need. Socially and culturally, feminism leaves women extremely unhappy, dumbfounded when they can't climb to the same career steps as a man because (and this is from personal experience) they can't pull the same hours or have the same dedication and attitude as a man, and finally, end up dying alone, without children, and without a man with a stable income to support them in their later life.
    No children and no man? Sounds great to me, where do I sign up?

ReputationRep:
    Make a banner? I dunno

ReputationRep:
    red pill was a result of feminazis though surely?
    Iunno, I have neither the time nor the inclination to look into the origin of it.

However, I feel it's worth mentioning that if their existence is solely owed to the community reaction to over-zealous rad-fems then they're a somewhat hypocritical community seeing as a lot of the **** I've seen on there contains thinly-veiled misogyny (a lot of it doesn't... but a lot of it does).

Can't call people out for being misandrious whilst being misogynous at the same time Two way street and all that.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.