Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I am about to study the LL.M. in Energy Law and Policy at the University of Dundee and I was wondering if anyone knows the exact dates during which student attendance is mandatory.

Thank you!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Ar333)
    Hello everyone,

I am about to study the LL.M. in Energy Law and Policy at the University of Dundee and I was wondering if anyone knows the exact dates during which student attendance is mandatory.

Thank you!
    Email [email protected] . ac . uk (no spaces) and they will get back to you for an exact date.

ReputationRep:
    I've already contacted them by e-mail and by phone, spoke with too different people but they only filled me in about the start date. They weren't su until when we're supoosed to stay at Dundee. Thank you veryy much for your reply though!!!!

ReputationRep:
    *sure
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Ar333)
    I've already contacted them by e-mail and by phone, spoke with too different people but they only filled me in about the start date. They weren't su until when we're supoosed to stay at Dundee. Thank you veryy much for your reply though!!!!
    No one will know because of exams. The last two weeks of the term, around the first two weeks of December, are exam time. There will also be exams after the easter holidays. So I am afraid no one can really answer that until we get our exam timetables.

ReputationRep:
    That makes sense then, you're right; I mean unless they schedule our exams they can't know for sure.

It's just that I have to look for accommodation because the campus area is full and i can't stay there.

But the offices I contacted with to book a house asked the exact dates of my presence there, so that's why i wanted to find out.

However, on the phone today they told me that once we finish our second semester exams, we can choose to prepare our dissertation without attendance and they just gave me an approximate end date of exam period around the 15th of july next year.
    Will you be studying there too?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Ar333)
    That makes sense then, you're right; I mean unless they schedule our exams they can't know for sure.

It's just that I have to look for accommodation because the campus area is full and i can't stay there.

But the offices I contacted with to book a house asked the exact dates of my presence there, so that's why i wanted to find out.

However, on the phone today they told me that once we finish our second semester exams, we can choose to prepare our dissertation without attendance and they just gave me an approximate end date of exam period around the 15th of july next year.
    Will you be studying there too?
    That sounds about right about the second semester. :yep:

I am an undergrad student here. Going into 3rd year politics. I also work on the clearing helpline.

ReputationRep:
    This is nice, you already have the experience of the uni!!!
    Are you satisfied by the courses and the quality of life there?
    I've never been to Dundee ever before so I have no idea
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Ar333)
    This is nice, you already have the experience of the uni!!!
    Are you satisfied by the courses and the quality of life there?
    I've never been to Dundee ever before so I have no idea
    Dundee is a cheap city, compared to Edinburgh etc. I like it here! The weather is nice, the campus is compact.

ReputationRep:
    That sounds great!!! I hope I like it there too. Thank you very much for your help and infos!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.