Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I applied for my masters in architecture in March and received a conditional offer.

The conditions are:

- a copy of my bsc degree
    - academic transcript
    - two references
    - portfolio for review by course director
    - personal statement

The university are happy with my personal statement and portfolio so those conditions no longer apply. I was under the impression my references had been sent but the 'provide two satisfactory references' condition stil applies.

I also uploaded copies of the degree and transcript a few weeks ago, but I have heard nothing from the university. I'm getting a bit worried as the course starts in 6 weeks and I still don't know if I'm in... I really need to start looking for accommodation.

I know some people who received there unconditionals on this course at the start of this month. Should I contact the university and ask for an update or just wait and see? I've sent the admin an abundance of messages already and don't really want to seem like i'm bothering them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theonelink)
    Hi

I applied for my masters in architecture in March and received a conditional offer.

The conditions are:

- academic transcript
    - two references
    - personal statement

The university are happy with my personal statement and portfolio so those conditions no longer apply. I was under the impression my references had been sent but the 'provide two satisfactory references' condition stil applies.

I also uploaded copies of the degree and transcript a few weeks ago, but I have heard nothing from the university. I'm getting a bit worried as the course starts in 6 weeks and I still don't know if I'm in... I really need to start looking for accommodation.

I know some people who received there unconditionals on this course at the start of this month. Should I contact the university and ask for an update or just wait and see? I've sent the admin an abundance of messages already and don't really want to seem like i'm bothering them
    Yes you should contact them urgently. And phone them rather than emailing. Emails can be "filed" for future attention and forgotten. Actually speakig to someone could clarify the situation in a few minutes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theonelink)
    Hi

The conditions are:

- academic transcript
    - two references
    - personal statement

No doubt the degree falls under a School of Architecture and will have a course officer or the school itself will have a more general admissions officer. Have a look at the contacts on the degree and school pages and get in touch, bypassing the main university admissions team. I always go straight to course officers and they're usually great and know whats going on.

Also check with your references that they sent them... some lecturers forget!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexgilder)
    No doubt the degree falls under a School of Architecture and will have a course officer or the school itself will have a more general admissions officer. Have a look at the contacts on the degree and school pages and get in touch, bypassing the main university admissions team. I always go straight to course officers and they're usually great and know whats going on.

Also check with your references that they sent them... some lecturers forget!
    Yeah I can send the admin of the architecture school direct messages on the application form which are logged and she typically replies within a few hours. I'm going to ask for an update on my application tomorrow and the status of the references.

Thanks for the replies

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.