Turn on thread page Beta

I'm going on holiday on Wednesday, for 2 weeks, and then my boyfriend is going on holiday the day I get back, for 3 weeks. So we won't see each other for 5 weeks. We had agreed to spend every day together up until then, but now he's decided not to. He was the one that suggested it, but today he was like "i better not come back to yours cos i've been seeing you a lot, and my mum won't like it". He's 17, and that seems pretty silly! His mum surely shouldn't be controlling him now? It's been like this all through our relationship, it's always been "i'll have to ask my mum". Also, we had decided to spend Tuesday night together, as it's the last night, but he forgot he had a concert to do (in a extra curricular band), so he told me today he couldn't anymore. Am i being silly getting annoyed over this? I will see him on Monday, but I'm so annoyed about him doing this concert instead of seeing me. I don't mean to sound obsessive, it's just the fact it's the last chance i'd get to see him. What do you think?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It is frustrating, and it seems silly that his mother is controlling him when he is old enough to make his own choices.

ReputationRep:
    your not being silly at all, you could always go see the concert and then see him after?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's silly, personally. Seeing him constantly now won't make the five weeks go any quicker, or be any less lonely. It's unfair to expect any 17 year old to devote every day of the week to something, especially when he has legitimate reasons for not seeing you for just one night. See him on Monday and let him enjoy his concert.

I think your probably feeling like this because you know your not going to see him for 5 weeks, and there is nothing wrong with this.

I cant explain why he wouldnt want to hang out with you on your last night togeter but why dont you ask him to see you in the morning before you leave or maybe you could go to his concert or meet him after. Compromise! I know with my boyfriend, he prefers to have nights to himself or rather on the phone and not actually together but we have a good time during the day as we were in the same tutor group at school and have both left now.

As for the "ill ask my mum" my fellers like that as well (but for his dad) and it does get annoying but i know his dad is strict (hes a teacher and kept putting him in detention grrrr). But i like the fact that he likes to keep his dad happy. Why dont you talk to him about it? Dont ask him to repel against his parents though, you dont want to ruine that bond.

One last thing... can you not meet him during the day on tuesday? That way he can still go to his concert and you still get to see him.

I would also be very annoyed if i was in your situation (about the last day) but accept it. Talk to him on the phone because i have found that men are so much more kind, loving, sweet while on the phone because they are more confident and ask him to see you off. That kiss will see you through the 5 weeks. And if possible, see himthe day you get back/he leaves. It probably will help loads. And phone him while you are on holiday and get him to phone you.

HAve i helped at all? Hope so!

Well I'm at school on Tuesday, but he's not as he has no lessons, so at night is the only way I can see him. He doesn't even want to do the concert, he hates it. So I don't see why he doesn't use me as an excuse not to go?

I dont think they will accept " sorry i can do it because im seeing my girlsfriend before she goes on holiday" I dont think there is a lot you can do about this now, what time does the concert start? and is there no chance you can see him before you leave... little godbye kiss or something. Surely that would be nice?

ReputationRep:
    He's a mummy's boy.

You aint bein' silly in my - unqualified - opinion.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I think your probably feeling like this because you know your not going to see him for 5 weeks, and there is nothing wrong with this.

I cant explain why he wouldnt want to hang out with you on your last night togeter but why dont you ask him to see you in the morning before you leave or maybe you could go to his concert or meet him after. Compromise! I know with my boyfriend, he prefers to have nights to himself or rather on the phone and not actually together but we have a good time during the day as we were in the same tutor group at school and have both left now.

As for the "ill ask my mum" my fellers like that as well (but for his dad) and it does get annoying but i know his dad is strict (hes a teacher and kept putting him in detention grrrr). But i like the fact that he likes to keep his dad happy. Why dont you talk to him about it? Dont ask him to repel against his parents though, you dont want to ruine that bond.

One last thing... can you not meet him during the day on tuesday? That way he can still go to his concert and you still get to see him.

I would also be very annoyed if i was in your situation (about the last day) but accept it. Talk to him on the phone because i have found that men are so much more kind, loving, sweet while on the phone because they are more confident and ask him to see you off. That kiss will see you through the 5 weeks. And if possible, see himthe day you get back/he leaves. It probably will help loads. And phone him while you are on holiday and get him to phone you.

HAve i helped at all? Hope so!
    Should be able to spend some time together at some pint durin the day!!

The concert starts at 5, and goes on until 10. So there's not much chance of me seeing him really, as I'm leaving early hours of Wednesday morning. I am seeing him Monday, but it's just not the same as Tuesday .
    I think I'm just gonna have to talk to him about it, especially the mum part, wish me luck!

ReputationRep:
    I think you are being a little silly cause firstly, my mum is exactly the same as his mum. I'm 18, and have to ask my mum and let her know what I'm doing and where I'm going. If I'm away for a long period of time then she gets annoyed with me. I always have to say to bf's, "I've got to be back by such and such a time" just so my mum doesn't get annoyed. Your bf basically doesn't want to get on the wrong side of his mum, cause she sounds a bit possesive of him, and controlling. So he's not trying to get away from you or anything, he's trying to avoid getting an angry mother. Secondly, with this concert thing, you'll probably find its something his mum is making him go to, and as I said previously, has to go to keep her happy

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.