The Student Room Group

q for muslim guys and girls

how do you approach the opposite sex for marriage
or would you have the guts to do so?
Reply 1
bumpp
Idk it depends. I want to have a love marriage although I wouldn't rule out an arranged marriage completely. If I was very close with a Muslim guy and We both feel as if our relationship Is ready to move on to a more physical relationship I'd talk about marriage to them. Obviously if we're close already and involved romantically, marriage would probably already be on both of our minds. Then I guess we would both work it out with our families and then get engaged.
Original post by Anonymous
how do you approach the opposite sex for marriage
or would you have the guts to do so?

Lool I don't interact with women so I don't know. It does make me nervous thinking about doing something like that. Are you male or female?
Reply 4
thanks for the replies guys. Guess its a tricky one
Can you please tag others so i can get more responses
I would just date them tbh, right noe I am 17.

Dont want to think about marriage until after uni!

And I am also usually attracted to non muslim girls.
Im a 22 year old male and Id love to get married soon in a couple of years.
However, I cannot get married right now because I dont have the money/job and I dont have a car licence (Im working towards all of it atm).

If I was ready to get married and saw a woman that I liked at work/Uni, I would probably approach her, talk to her, get to know her and tell her about myself. If things go well and we progress, I would let her know that "I am interested in getting married soon and looking for a wife. I liked getting to know you. I was wondering if we can have more conversations and if you are interested in progressing towards marriage, would you like to get our parents involved?"

If she says yes and her parents are ok with it, I would meet her parents, and let my parents know etc.
If shes not interested or says no, I would move on.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Im a 22 year old male and Id love to get married soon in a couple of years.
However, I cannot get married right now because I dont have the money/job and I dont have a car licence (Im working towards all of it atm).

If I was ready to get married and saw a woman that I liked at work/Uni, I would probably approach her, talk to her, get to know her and tell her about myself. If things go well and we progress, I would let her know that "I am interested in getting married soon and looking for a wife. I liked getting to know you. I was wondering if we can have more conversations and if you are interested in progressing towards marriage, would you like to get our parents involved?"

If she says yes and her parents are ok with it, I would meet her parents, and let my parents know etc.
If shes not interested or says no, I would move on.

this is a good answer thanks

Quick Reply

Latest