Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys, last year i had recieved an acceptance from my firm uni choice but i had to defer it and have taken a gap year. I no longer want to attend this uni and i would like to go through clearing to find another one that i have my eye on. Do you guys know if i have to cancel my defered one first or can i ask the uni i am interested in if they have any places before i do so? I have little knowledge about clearing so can someone help me please.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Pizzalover12)
    Hi Guys, last year i had recieved an acceptance from my firm uni choice but i had to defer it and have taken a gap year. I no longer want to attend this uni and i would like to go through clearing to find another one that i have my eye on. Do you guys know if i have to cancel my defered one first or can i ask the uni i am interested in if they have any places before i do so? I have little knowledge about clearing so can someone help me please.
    You d need to cancel that place and make a fresh ucas application for this year to be able to use clearing. Get it sorted sooner rather than later

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    You d need to cancel that place and make a fresh ucas application for this year to be able to use clearing. Get it sorted sooner rather than later
    I spoke to UCAS and they said i can reject them on results day? I can go through clearing but not adjustment. I'm just so confused😭

ReputationRep:
    I spoke to UCAS and they said i can reject them on results day? I can go through clearing but not adjustment. I'm just so confused😭
    adjustment is when your grades are better than your predicted and therefore you wish to attend a better uni in place for someone who missed their offer. In other words as long as you get a decent grade you sshould be fine
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Did you explain it was a deferered offer?

ReputationRep:
    Did you explain it was a deferered offer?
    Yes I have explained that to them🙁
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Yes I have explained that to them🙁
    Hmm, i d give them another call and ask them to confirm that's correct, normally you need an application started in the current year to use clearing.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, i d give them another call and ask them to confirm that's correct, normally you need an application started in the current year to use clearing.
    Omg i did not know that, i defo need to call them. Thanks for your help. I just thought that i did not want to loose my place at this uni so depending on my results i could go through clearing.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Omg i did not know that, i defo need to call them. Thanks for your help. I just thought that i did not want to loose my place at this uni so depending on my results i could go through clearing.
    Just be prepared that being put into clearing takes hours or worse a couple of days that you might not have to play with, depending on what you want to go for. So it's up to you if that risk is worth it really.

ReputationRep:
    Just be prepared that being put into clearing takes hours or worse a couple of days that you might not have to play with, depending on what you want to go for. So it's up to you if that risk is worth it really.
    I have called up the UNI i want to go to through clearing and they said they have lots of spaces and that i have the right grades so far. Just waiting for my fourth A level result to come back so i could call them up. The course i wanna do is history and politics.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I have called up the UNI i want to go to through clearing and they said they have lots of spaces and that i have the right grades so far. Just waiting for my fourth A level result to come back so i could call them up. The course i wanna do is history and politics.
    That's a good sign but still work as quick as you can when you get your results.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    That's a good sign but still work as quick as you can when you get your results.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.