Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Access to sociol worker or social sciences humanities Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

I have been excepted onto a access to social work and access to social science humanities including history. I am hoping to go on to university next year (2017) to study social work.

I have been told it does not matter what access course I study from the above two because they both will gain me into a university as long as I pass the course.

Has anybody studied either of the courses?
    and which one would benefit me the most?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Craig Beardsley)
    Hey guys!

I have been excepted onto a access to social work and access to social science humanities including history. I am hoping to go on to university next year (2017) to study social work.

I have been told it does not matter what access course I study from the above two because they both will gain me into a university as long as I pass the course.

Has anybody studied either of the courses?
    and which one would benefit me the most?
    Nobody here can answer this question. I would strongly suggest you contact the universities you want to apply to and ask them what Access course they prefer/whether it makes a difference.

ReputationRep:
    I did the Access to the Humanities and my degree is Criminology. But if I were you, if a Social Work Access course is on offer and that's what what you want to do, then I'd go for that one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seamus123)
    I did the Access to the Humanities and my degree is Criminology. But if I were you, if a Social Work Access course is on offer and that's what what you want to do, then I'd go for that one.
    Thank you for taking some time out of your day to reply to my post; much appreciated.

I emailed my sociology teacher yesterday, and she replied in saying that it didnt matter what course I choose, as they both can get my on to a university course studying social work. So its my decision.

How did you find the access course?

What grades did you end up getting by the end of the course?

I am so nervous to start the access course. I just need to choose the course i want to study.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Craig Beardsley)
    Thank you for taking some time out of your day to reply to my post; much appreciated.

I emailed my sociology teacher yesterday, and she replied in saying that it didnt matter what course I choose, as they both can get my on to a university course studying social work. So its my decision.

How did you find the access course?

What grades did you end up getting by the end of the course?

I am so nervous to start the access course. I just need to choose the course i want to study.
    No, don't ask a teacher - ask the university admission tutor. Your teacher won't know, she is guessing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    No, don't ask a teacher - ask the university admission tutor. Your teacher won't know, she is guessing.
    Ok, thank you, il ring first thing monday morning.

Thanks

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 30, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.