Turn on thread page Beta

Failed 5th time (think incorrect decision this time) watch

ReputationRep:
    Dear all, I was very unfortunate since last 6 months and failed 5th time today. I am very pissed off this time I think he made wrong decision.

I have started from driving centre and all went fine until when he told me to return back to test centre I am quite familiar with that route and then that Traffic signal comes there are too many cars and looks to be very busy day. I have stopped at red signal and then signal turned green I have started move slowly and passed the signal but about to move then signal turned red and then I stopped at middle, cars from right and left started moving I was stationary after 10 secs I have seen little gap in middle of road, I have started moving slowly as I knew the traffic signal is passed and the signal doesn't apply to you. But examiner stopped me and looked at me fingered at red signal. After coming back to centre I have tried to explain him but he didn't listen to me, and decided to fail me.

I am completely not sure how right he is. As I have passed traffic signal and even if I try to move in middle of road signal doesn't apply to me.

Guys - please let me know if anyone came across such decision before if yes what should be the ideal outcome.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    What error was marked on the sheet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma-Ashley)
    What error was marked on the sheet?
    Response to Signs/Signals - Traffic Signal
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Maybe you reacted to the first signal when it changed from green to red too slowly, if it changed back before you could through?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mts372)
    Dear all, I was very unfortunate since last 6 months and failed 5th time today. I am very pissed off this time I think he made wrong decision.

I have started from driving centre and all went fine until when he told me to return back to test centre I am quite familiar with that route and then that Traffic signal comes there are too many cars and looks to be very busy day. I have stopped at red signal and then signal turned green I have started move slowly and passed the signal but about to move then signal turned red and then I stopped at middle, cars from right and left started moving I was stationary after 10 secs I have seen little gap in middle of road, I have started moving slowly as I knew the traffic signal is passed and the signal doesn't apply to you. But examiner stopped me and looked at me fingered at red signal. After coming back to centre I have tried to explain him but he didn't listen to me, and decided to fail me.

I am completely not sure how right he is. As I have passed traffic signal and even if I try to move in middle of road signal doesn't apply to me.

Guys - please let me know if anyone came across such decision before if yes what should be the ideal outcome.

Thanks.
    If you've stopped and it's a red light I don't think you're supposed to go, even if there's a space in the traffic for you, even if you're past the light. Unfortunate to fail for that though as you did the sensible thing by stopping and not trying to shoot out. But, I'm a bit confused about how slowly you must've been going if you were the first car at the red light and you didn't get out while it was green? Even with really speedy lights there's enough time for one car to go. When it goes amber you can start getting ready like finding the bite or whatever and then go as soon as it's green (in practice most people go when it's amber...but don't do that in a test)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infairverona)
    If you've stopped and it's a red light I don't think you're supposed to go, even if there's a space in the traffic for you, even if you're past the light. Unfortunate to fail for that though as you did the sensible thing by stopping and not trying to shoot out. But, I'm a bit confused about how slowly you must've been going if you were the first car at the red light and you didn't get out while it was green? Even with really speedy lights there's enough time for one car to go. When it goes amber you can start getting ready like finding the bite or whatever and then go as soon as it's green (in practice most people go when it's amber...but don't do that in a test)
    When I passed the line after signal turned green , there were 2-3 cars ahead of me, I was stationary by the time they crawl and moved away, then signal turned red. Obviously there's 1-2 cars space ahead of me as they already moved and I have started moving very slowly (that time examiner harshly stopped me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mts372)
    When I passed the line after signal turned green , there were 2-3 cars ahead of me, I was stationary by the time they crawl and moved away, then signal turned red. Obviously there's 1-2 cars space ahead of me as they already moved and I have started moving very slowly (that time examiner harshly stopped me
    Ok if that happens again in your test and there are cars in front, say it's going amber and will shortly go red, don't cross the line at all. It's better to wait if the light is imminently going to be red than to edge out and get stuck. If you have already edged out and the light goes red, don't go until that same light has gone green. It's a faff but you just have to do it in your test to pass *

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 3, 2016
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.