The Student Room Group

Would you be friends with a bald girl (If she wore a wig)?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I lost my hair nearly a year ago and it's not growing back.
I was so upset and felt so vile and saw myself as a freak who would never find love and who would lose all her friends.

That didn't happen at all. In fact I ended up never having had so many friends! I didn't lose a single friend, in fact I became closer to them.

I also acquired a really good looking, lovely boyfriend who could have literally had any girl.

I do wear a wig all day and all night which is much nicer than how my real hair was, but the vast majority of people in my life know it's not my bio hair.

So I was just wondering, would you be friends with a bald girl? In fact do you see it as a big deal?

For me, that is not relevant at all, who cares do you have wig or not if you are nice person....
Original post by Anonymous
I lost my hair nearly a year ago and it's not growing back.
I was so upset and felt so vile and saw myself as a freak who would never find love and who would lose all her friends.

That didn't happen at all. In fact I ended up never having had so many friends! I didn't lose a single friend, in fact I became closer to them.

I also acquired a really good looking, lovely boyfriend who could have literally had any girl.

I do wear a wig all day and all night which is much nicer than how my real hair was, but the vast majority of people in my life know it's not my bio hair.

So I was just wondering, would you be friends with a bald girl? In fact do you see it as a big deal?

Why would someone not be friends with someone because of their baldness? Who is friends with anyone because of their hair apart from goths, emos and scene kids?
yes I would actually my sister has alopecia and she used to have long hair and now its gone smaller and she just thought no one will talk to her and she was stressed about it and she gets sometjmes now
Of course I would.
Of course. I don't care to be frank.
Of course, regardless of whether or not she wore a wig. Anyone who says no is a complete waste of space.
Late in my mother's life, her hair started thinning badly, and she started wearing wigs, and came to enjoy doing so. She liked short curly ones. She once bought a cinnamon colored wig that she didn't like on herself but she thought might look good on me. I'm embarassed to admit that when she asked me to let her try it on me, I said no. It just wasn't something my friends wore. I had never worn one.

Eventually I felt guilty for being stubborn and selfish and agreed to do it. I sat at her vanity, first getting a mesh wig cap put on, and then the curly cinnamon colored wig. I barely recognized myself, and as much as I didn't want to admit it, the wig actually didn't look bad on me. And Sunday afternoon mother-daughter time was a memorable bonding moment.

I guess don't knock anything until you try it. And of course try not to be selfish and close minded. I'm sure you rock your wig and I would gladly be friends with a wig wearer.
I can see literally 0 reason why someone would say they wouldn’t be friends with someone who wears a wig.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending