Turn on thread page Beta

At home teeth whitening kits watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to my cousins wedding in 3 days time and I've thought about using one of those teeth whitening kits from Boots or Superdrug. I'm quite ashamed of my teeth at times, they are clean and healthy, but have a natural yellow tinge, I don't smoke or drink, eat curry every night etc, but I
    would like for them to be more white looking.

I'd pretty much like instant results seeing as the wedding is very very soon, and hope to buy tommorow, any suggestions from people that have used any of these kits first hand, and what ones you used? Ideally I don't wish to spend over £20, but I could stretch to £30 if a particular brand is recommended.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AppleHutch)
    I'm going to my cousins wedding in 3 days time and I've thought about using one of those teeth whitening kits from Boots or Superdrug. I'm quite ashamed of my teeth at times, they are clean and healthy, but have a natural yellow tinge, I don't smoke or drink, eat curry every night etc, but I
    would like for them to be more white looking.

I'd pretty much like instant results seeing as the wedding is very very soon, and hope to buy tommorow, any suggestions from people that have used any of these kits first hand, and what ones you used? Ideally I don't wish to spend over £20, but I could stretch to £30 if a particular brand is recommended.

Thanks
    I'm sorry to say you aren't gonna get a difference in 3 days, especially with at home kits I think they last for usually a week. I tried the Superdrug one and Boots and neither really did anything. (Although my teeth are naturally quite white, I just wanted glowing white ross from friends type teeth so it could be different depending on how white your teeth are already :p: ) I currently have the trays from the dentist but even they take 7 nights and that's using 35% peroxide, I've used them about 4 times and I've only got a very slight difference (vvv strong and probs not great for my teeth!)

ReputationRep:
    I've heard really great things about crest white strips although im not too sure if they are sold in the UK, its what i'll be trying after braces

I was going to go for dentist whitening but it seems expensive

ReputationRep:
    Safe & White is really good (Well... it was when I used it!). Howevr it WON'T whiten your teeth noticeably in three days, I don't think.

If you're looking long-term, however, it's definitely worth it (And it's safer than hydrogen peroxide, plus more effective). It uses oxygen, from what I remember.

It's £25-35 from Boots (Can't remember how much now)

ReputationRep:
    I dont think you'll get any good results in that amount of time really

Dr Georges is really good, its the best you can buy (search on Ebay, there will be some on there), but you'd need to use it for at least 5-7 days at first to notice a difference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_Rose)
    I've heard really great things about crest white strips although im not too sure if they are sold in the UK, its what i'll be trying after braces

I was going to go for dentist whitening but it seems expensive
    My friend got white strips in USA and they were really good! Defo give them a try before dentist whitening, it's about £400 I think, I only got it done because it was free, I defo wouldn't pay that much :eek: It hasn't done as much as I expected

ReputationRep:
    theres a product called "white again" you do see the difference within 15mins but you have to order it off the internet

ReputationRep:
    i have been using Blanx toothpaste, but that will take ages

I have been using 'Sensodyne Gentle Whitening' and im amazed how much its worked. Had some pictures taken the other week and my teeth are just bright white compared to past pictures I have had taken. However in your case whatever you get advised to use, its not going to make a difference in 3days.

I guess what ever you get advised you can only take on board for future reference.

ReputationRep:
    yeahh i was thinking of using some whitening toothpaste or something- all of a sudden my teeth seem really yellow compared to my healthy whites

thanks for the info shall have to try some! xxx

ReputationRep:
    Home whitening kits were on the news recently, saying that they often contain a dangerous amount of peroxide in them that isn't regulated and can cause problems with your teeth and gums.

I certainly wouldn't recommend buying any kit over the counter, as they really truly don't work and especially not in 3 days.

How about popping in to your dentist and having a nice clean and polish before the big day?

ReputationRep:
    Originally posted by Ilora-Danon.
    Home whitening kits were on the news recently, saying that they often contain a dangerous amount of peroxide in them that isn't regulated and can cause problems with your teeth and gums.
    Yeah, I heard that too. I'd rather have slightly coloured teeth that are healthy than white ones with nasty teeth and gums.

Try whitening toothpaste. Colgate is really good.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, well I wasn't expecting raving reviews, but thats a little disheartening

My budget doesn't stretch to crest white stripes, though they do look good-£50 online!! I've never found any of the whitening toothpastes to work for me either. Looks like I'll just have to avoid teethy grins in any photos then:P

Thanks for the help anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried Blanx toothpaste? Its really good but you need to use it for at least a month to see a difference so I dont suppose its any good in this case

Dr Georges is definately worth it though like I said in my previous post if you're still looking for something to use anyway, the reviews are all really good and I used it myself so I know it works

ReputationRep:
    Check this site out, it really is as decribed:

http://www.ukteethwhitening.co.uk/

not a solution to your immediate problem but something you could think about for the long term. Much better results than the stuff you find in shops, true its expensive..but compared to the price dentists charge is really is cheap for what u get.

ReputationRep:
    You can buy Crest Whitestrips for £20 off of Ebay. The £50 set have loads more in them, but you only really need the £20 to make a difference.

I used them and they are amazing! I noticed a difference after a couple of uses. But after you use them they make your teeth super sensitive and they can hurt really badly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peppermint)
    i have been using Blanx toothpaste, but that will take ages
    Is that actually any good? I asked my mum to get some (I didn't know the price) and she said it was £6 quid a tube?! So she left it for now and I've got some Colgate whitening toothpaste instead. If that Blanx stuff works though I'll buy it next time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cortez)
    Is that actually any good? I asked my mum to get some (I didn't know the price) and she said it was £6 quid a tube?! So she left it for now and I've got some Colgate whitening toothpaste instead. If that Blanx stuff works though I'll buy it next time.
    It works for me anyway, but you need to use it for at least a month- but that would be the same for any whitening toothpaste anyway! The Sensodyne whitening stuff is good too, and its a little cheaper

The only thing I found with Blanx is that when I stopped using it (because of the cost issue mainly) my teeth started going a bit yellowy again, so I had to carry on using it!!!

ReputationRep:
    hmm I think I'll say how well this Colgate stuff works and if it's no good then I'll give the Blanx stuff a go

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.