Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Got my Iphone 6 a couple of days ago, email notification delayed by a LONG time. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys;

Well, I got my Iphone 6 a couple of days ago as an early (by a month) birthday present and couldn't be happier. Infinitely better than my old Windows phone. Only difference is if I get an email, I don't get notified for ages about it...

Can anyone help me sort my phone out to get an instant response rather than a response which is often a minimum of 10 mins all the way up until hours later please?....
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Hey Guys;

Well, I got my Iphone 6 a couple of days ago as an early (by a month) birthday present and couldn't be happier. Infinitely better than my old Windows phone. Only difference is if I get an email, I don't get notified for ages about it...

Can anyone help me sort my phone out to get an instant response rather than a response which is often a minimum of 10 mins all the way up until hours later please?....
    In your mail settings there's an option that says fetch new data, is that set to push?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    In your mail settings there's an option that says fetch new data, is that set to push?
    Yes
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Yes
    Hmm that's strange, thats how i got mine to work. I m sorry i couldnt be more help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Hmm that's strange, thats how i got mine to work. I m sorry i couldnt be more help.
    No idea why but I keep getting this message "Cannot get mail the connection to the server failed".
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    No idea why but I keep getting this message "Cannot get mail the connection to the server failed".
    seems like the mail settings for that server are messed up

ReputationRep:
    If its gmail or whatever email you use, download the actual mail app for it. I did that for my gmail and find it much better than using the stock mail app

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.