The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What's the point, when every school has different marking policies?
A pretty counterproductive thread to be fair :s:
Reply 3
*River
What's the point, when every school has different marking policies?

I was going to add that in my first post. But it was just out of curiosity... Is there any harm in this?
Just because im bored and it was next to me anyway

im 6th form now but hes the one from year ten the first grade me grade then and the seconds my GCSE grade

English C B
Maths B B (debating whether to resit)
Science CC/BB AA
Business C A
DT food B A
History C A
ICT B B (still waiting for remark as relised last month my coursework grade had been submitted wrong by the school)
RE C B
All 5 of my school reports were rubbish. The pretty much all said my homework erratic and I could put more effort in.
Glutamic Acid
All 5 of my school reports were rubbish. The pretty much all said my homework erratic and I could put more effort in.

But were they accurate? :p:
Reply 7
Ohh I thought you meant the comments when I read the title! That takes me back- each report was practically a novel in the end.. :p:
Roger Kirk
But were they accurate? :p:

Highly accurate :smile:
Glutamic Acid
Highly accurate :smile:

Tut tut. Seems like you didn't learn from them then :p:
Roger Kirk
Tut tut. Seems like you didn't learn from them then :p:

To be fair I did work a lot harder in year 11, but I suppose rubbish coursework and modules from year 10 means I'll be settling for several As rather than A*s. Hopefully the presence of all the nice, hardworking people on TSR wiil rub off on me and transform me from a lazy slob into a top student. :smile:
Ah, my reports. Most memorable one was my really harsh one from PE in year 8...

anyway, this is from Christmas-we get reports at Christmas and end-of-year, except this year, when we only got Christmas. The letter is attainment V=very good, G=good, S=satisfactory, W=weak. Number is effort with 1 being the best.

Biology: G2
Chemistry: G1
English: G2
French: V2
Latin: V1
Maths: V2
Physics: V2
RS: V1

2 G2s, 1 G1, 3 V2s and 2 V1s. Pretty good. THis year the reports changeed, they used to have a V, G, S or W for different aspects of the course, each subject on a different sheet of paper. I only ever got Ws in that disasterous PE report, which was no justified. She thought that because I was rubbish at it I didn't listen or try. Which was not true at all.
Reply 12
CocoPop
Just an idea that popped into my head. Just curious to see how people did, and what your parents' reactions were... Please also mention what year you're in. Here's my latest:

This is my year 10 report (I'm doing GCSEs)
(It's graded out of 7, like the IB)

Maths - 7
English - 6
Physics - 7
Biology - 7
Chemistry - 7
Geography - 7
ICT - 7
Spanish - 7
French - 7

Tut tut what happened to English??
Ahhhhhh, reports! I hate them haha, at our school we get 1 mid-year and 1 at the end of the year - anyways found some of mine here!:p: The number is the effort - 4 being the best and 1 being the worst.

Year 8 - Mid Year Report
English - 4
Maths - 4
Science - 4
German - 4
Geography - 4
History - 4
Religious Studies - 4
Art - 4
Drama - 1
Music - 4
D.T. - 3
P.E. - 3

Year 8 - End Of Year Report
English - 4
Maths - 4
Science - 4
German - 4
Geography - 3
History - 4
Religious Studies - 4
Art - 4
Drama - 3
Music - 4
D.T. - 4
Food Tech - 3
P.E. - 4

At the end of Year 8, our school decided to change the effort grading system and 6 became the best with 1 still being the worst.

Year 9 - Mid Year Report
History - 5
Maths - 5
Music - 5
P.E. - 5
Religious Studies - 5
Science - 4
Art - 5
Drama - 4
English - 5
Expressive Arts - 4
Geography - 6
German - 6
D.T. - 5
ICT - 5

Year 9 - End Of Year Report
History - 5
Maths - 5
Music - 5
P.E. - 5
Religious Studies - 5
Science - 5
Art - 5
Drama - 4
English - 6
Expressive Arts - 4
Geography - 6
German - 6
D.T. - 5
ICT - 6
Food Tech - 6

Year 10 - Mid Year Report
Art - 6
English - 6
Food Tech - 5
Geography - 6
German - 6
ICT - 6
Maths - 5
Religious Studies - 5
Applied Science - 5

Year 10 - End Of Year Report
Art - 6
English - 6
Food Tech - 4
Geography - 6
German - 6
ICT - 6
Maths - 5
Applied Science - 5

Year 11 - Mid Year Report
Art - 6
English - 6
Food Tech - 4
Geography - 5
German - 6
ICT - 6
Maths - 5
Religious Studies - 5
Applied Science - 5

Year 11's only get the mid-year report!

Will post the comments from my Year 12 report in a bit as in the Year 12 report, they don't give us an effort grade like lower down the school. Will also post the form tutor comments from my end of year reports from lower down the school.
Heres' the form tutor comments from my end of year reports!

Year 8 - End Of Year Report
I have been delighted with Claire's efforts this year. She has earned an impressive number of merits and is always polite and helpful.
If she can maintain this effort next year, I think she will be successful. Well done Claire!

Year 9 - End Of Year Report
Claire has done really well in her SAT's, especially in maths, and this is a reward for years of quiet hard work.
Next year I would like to see Claire come out of herself more in class and spend more time discussing her work. I'm sure this would help her go on to greater things!

Year 10 - End Of Year Report
Claire has had another excellent year and I know she is highly thought of by her teachers. She is quietly conscientious and works hard to make the most of her talents.
Her work experience at St. Philips was very successful. This was no surprise to me, as she is hardworking, reliable and polite.

Lmfaoooooo, got something about me being quiet in just about every report. Basically saying that they would like to see me come out of myself in class was a waste of ink 'cause there's no chance it's ever gonna happen! My teahcers this year keep saying i need to build my confidence up and it's like - erm i've gone through 5 years lower down the school being quiet, not like it's gonna change just for ye now haha! They all keep saying they can't believe how quiet I am in class compared to what my younger brother who's just left Year 11 is like!:p:
Reply 15
Eau
Tut tut what happened to English??

English was never really my thing. If the dang teacher hadn't messed up the flow by giving me a 6...
Yeah, I get the same. They always want me to discuss things more in class, present my views more etc etc. But usually I either can't think of what to say, or the point I was gonna say is already said before I get the chance to. Yeah, I know I should be more confident but that's easier said than done. I'm just really shy...unless I'm with friends, when I can be really loud :tongue:. And that's not something that's easily changed!
Reply 17
Must try harder.
Year 7
Target levels: 7b for English, 7 for geography, 6 for maths, 6 for French, 6 for history, 5 for science, 5 for music, 5 for drama and 3 for art.
Exam results: 96% for French, 81% for maths, 80% for drama, 79% for science, 78% for history, 77% for geography, 61% for RE, 59% for technology and 53% for music.
Classwork: excellent for English, drama, French, geography and RE, good for maths, science, history, music and technology and satisfactory for art.
Homework: excellent for English, French, geography and RE, good for maths, science. drama, history and music and satisfactory for art and technology.
Behaviour: excellent for all.

Year 8
Target levels: 7 for English, 7 for maths, 6 for geography, 6 for history, 6 for music, 6 for drama, 6 for ICT, 5 for technology, 5 for science, 5 for art.
Exam results: 92% for English, 79% for ICT, 72% for science, 67% for PE, 63% for music, 62% for maths, 61% for geography, 60% for technology and 43% for art.
Classwork: excellent except for music (good) and drama (satisfactory)
Homework: excellent except for English, music and drama (good) and art (satisfactory)
Behaviour: excellent except for drama (good)

Year 9
Target levels: 7 for maths, 6 for English, 6 for geography, 6 for history, 6 for ICT, 6 for RE, 6 for science, 6 for technology, 5 for art, 5 for drama, 5 for French, 5 for music, 5 for PE.
Classwork: excellent for English, French, geography, history, maths, RE and science, good for ICT, music, PE and technology and satisfactory for art.
Homework: excellent for English, French, geography, history, maths and RE, good for drama, ICT, music, PE, science and technology and satisfactory for art.
Behaviour: excellent for all except art, drama, PE and technology (good)

Year 10
Target grades: Bs for everything except RS (A*)
Exam results: Bs for everything except French (A) and food technology and RS (Cs)
Classwork/homework/behaviour: excellent for everything except food technology (good)

Year 11 interims
Target grades: Bs for everything except ICT and media studies (As)
Mock grades: As for French, history, RS and science, Bs for English and technology, C for maths and E for media studies.
Predicted grades: As for English, French, history, RE and science, Bs for maths and technology and C for media studies.
Effort/homework/conduct: excellent for everything

Year 12 interim
Target grades: A for English, Bs for French, history and sociology
Current grades: Bs for English, history and sociology and C for French
Effort/deadlines: excellent for everything

Year 12
Target grades: A for English, A/B for sociology and Bs for French and history
Current grades: A/B for English, sociology and history and C for French

Year 13
Target grades: As for English and French, A/B for sociology and B for history
Current grades: A for French, A/B for sociology, A/B for history and B/C/D for English
This gets my personal award for

The Gayest Thread On TSR

I mean, seriously....talk about the OP blowing his own trumpet? :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending