Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    my flatmate does french and spanish. im pretty sure shes not a beginner at either though, although I'm not sure about A levels.
    what about international relations? i know someone whose doing that and he does two languages as the main part of it.
    there must be beginners classes in something because i know someone whose doing english and shes opted to do a spanish module for complete beginners.

ReputationRep:
    Heyhey, I'm pretty sure you can do 2 languages if you wanted, I know loads who are doing French and German/Spanish - they are pretty flexible with whatever level you pick it up from. At Southampton, there's 7 stages for each language - If you're A2 standard on a language, they usually stick you on stage 4. If you're starting from scratch, it's stage1&2 (an accelerated stage, you do 2 stages in a year - it's what a friend of mine did with Italian). I would suggest you apply for BA in French, cos you should be able to choose Italian stage 1 & 2 as a double module, which you'll do over the whole first year like French. The multi lang programme you've mentioned - I *think* it's 1 language at A2 and 1 at AS as a minimum requirement. But as I've said, you'll have the choice of what modules you want to do (it's pretty much free reign in the first year once you've gotten your core language outta the way), if you're not sure, I'd suggest you contact the school of modern languages who would be able to advise you more than I can probably do (I'm doing Maths & French, based in the Maths dept, don't know as much as a straight lang student would probably know!)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 12, 2007
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.