Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey all,

I have just received my email in regards to the contract been offered to me, to accept or decline based on a room at opal 1

I have been offered IN OPAL "B" at room 32C.

so post your room numbers for opal people, lets see where we are!

ReputationRep:
    B = B block

ReputationRep:
    Block A - Flat 9B.

I hope thats not like the ground flood.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't received my email yet Will look again tonight after work. I don't want to leave it hanging around though because we've only got like a week to get it sent off before our room is reallocated to someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Untitled258)
    Block A - Flat 9B.

I hope thats not like the ground flood.

doubtful. would of thoughtgroundfloorwouldbe for staff, gym shops, etc. probably first floor.

just speculating mind

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Opal C, room 37C.

When is everyone else going to move in do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rollin2001uk)
    doubtful. would of thoughtgroundfloorwouldbe for staff, gym shops, etc. probably first floor.

just speculating mind
    Yeah true.

I was thinking, each side of the square is a block isn't it, so i would of thaught about 5 flats on each floor.

Apparently there's 15 floors, take of 1 for the gym etc, so 14, there's 75 flats or so, in each block, , so that works about about 5 per floor maybe 6. So flat 9b would be about the 2nd floor.

I have no idea tbh, im making stuff up.

ReputationRep:
    Opal B, room 60C

ReputationRep:
    Flat 9 isnt on the ground floor, its the 1st floor. Theres about 7 flats on each floor on average. The ground floors do have flats on them as I was in A2, ground floor flats are alot better than you would think. Moving in and out is so easy and you never have to wait for lifts unless you're going to a mates flat or something

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, id imagine it'd be good for practicallity, i just wouldn't want people staring threw my window as they walk past.

First floor is fine by me though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napally)
    I'm in Opal C, room 37C.

When is everyone else going to move in do you think?

well on my contract it said we can move in from the 8th september.is that right for everyone?

cause thats when my payment for the room starts(duh!)

but i want to know when freshers starts, think people will movein a day or two before it starts.

ReputationRep:
    I've re-read the moving-in section more thoroughly and got this:

International Students move in from the 8th September.
    Anyone else whose course starts BEFORE Freshers Week can move in then.

Everyone else will move in on the 22nd/23rd September so before Freshers Week actually starts. The day is allocated for your flat/room number- I move in on the Sunday I think I'll go up on the Saturday anyway though.

ReputationRep:
    From what i gathered we either move in the 22nd or 23rd, i believe mine to be the 22nd which i prefer, day to get settled before the madness of freshers.

Also, there's a day, where you can go look around the accommodation, it says on mine the 2nd, which im going to try and go to. I think its under the Key Allocation thing on the accommodation website.

Depends if i can get the time off work, im off the week before for leeds festival so hopefully they will extend my holidays to two weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Room 56B in Opal 'B' Residence

ReputationRep:
    i got it now!

i move in on the sunday.woo hoo.

ReputationRep:
    I have got my confirmation and I am in Block B 75E! Anyone else joining me!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahBellamy)
    I have got my confirmation and I am in Block B 75E! Anyone else joining me!?
    Woahhhh, that'll be right at the top!

ReputationRep:
    ive just got mine

Opal C room 8E woo thats not near the bottom is it lol?

ReputationRep:
    Starting to worry now, iv had no email and i paid deposit ages ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heppelstone16)
    Starting to worry now, iv had no email and i paid deposit ages ago.
    Ring them and read some of the other threads in this bit of the forums, a lot of people have had problems it seems, me included.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.