Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, i'm starting college soon and i'm not sure what to expect. Does anyone have any advice or could educate me on what the homework assignments will be like, what lessons will be like or anything related to that? I want to start preparing early so i know what i'm in for. In addition, i am doing the course public services. If anyone has done public services could you perhaps give me some insight on what i would be in for and another silly question; am i fit for public services? i'm a girl and i was the smallest in my year but i am known for my athletic trait. I'm a little worried people won't take me seriously due to my size and that i am a girl. Any advice on how to deal with that? much thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LinkleLucy)
    Hey guys, i'm starting college soon and i'm not sure what to expect. Does anyone have any advice or could educate me on what the homework assignments will be like, what lessons will be like or anything related to that? I want to start preparing early so i know what i'm in for. In addition, i am doing the course public services. If anyone has done public services could you perhaps give me some insight on what i would be in for and another silly question; am i fit for public services? i'm a girl and i was the smallest in my year but i am known for my athletic trait. I'm a little worried people won't take me seriously due to my size and that i am a girl. Any advice on how to deal with that? much thanks!
    The time length will be shorter than school ones and you'll only be learning essential subjects with your main one (Public services).

I don't think so? As long as you aren't like 3-4 ft? How tall are you? If you're 5ft or above I think it's good enough but I wouldn't know but you being a girl won't change much, if you can get the work done and are passionate about it then you're pretty much good to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LinkleLucy)
    You'll find you'll have a lot more independence and freedom than secondary schools So you have the responsibility to keep up with your work, no one is going to check up on you every day to make sure you're up to date etc. You'll have free periods or some days you may only have like 2 lessons then you can go home. I'm sure you'll be fine for public services you'll just need to be confident

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.