Cie igcse economics 2016

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    hey guys!

    I took my cie igcse economics exam this May/June. I did pretty fairly
    in my Paper 2- structured questions ( I would have lost about 15-16
    marks, tops).

    However, paper 1- (mcq paper) didn't go at all well for me.
    ( I had three exams on the same day and didn't at all practice for it
    and it came to a point where I was guessing most of my mcq answers).
    Considering that, I am really worried my grade will be affected greatly.
    [paper 2 is 70% of the grade. while the remaining 30% comes from the mcq paper.]
    I would like to know what usually happens in this kind of a situation.
    If I had come up to the A/A* in paper 2, will my grade drop to a B/C
    because of my mcq marks?

    do i still have a chance of scoring an A*/A if at all?

    Many thanks!
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    It really depends on the grade boundaries, how do you think you did on the Multiple choice, if you gave a mark, you would be able to see what you might've got last year basing it off of percentages by using the CIE IGCSE Economics grade threshold table for June 2015. http://www.cie.org.uk/programmes-and...bles/june2015/ You do still stand a chance, be hopeful, you may have done better than you think! Good luck!
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CIEBioloysifh)
    It really depends on the grade boundaries, how do you think you did on the Multiple choice, if you gave a mark, you would be able to see what you might've got last year basing it off of percentages by using the CIE IGCSE Economics grade threshold table for June 2015. http://www.cie.org.uk/programmes-and...bles/june2015/ You do still stand a chance, be hopeful, you may have done better than you think! Good luck!
    i guess by the looks of it 15/30 in mcq. i did component 22 and 12. that falls into a D for the mcq component i guess. so will the examiners give that D so much of weight age that even if i got an A/A* in the other component to drag me down to a C? thank you for your support nonetheless.
 
 
 
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 30, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.