Turn on thread page Beta

Janet Daley watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Janet Daley what do you think of her views?

ReputationRep:
    lol ok none of you read the mail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezekiel)
    lol ok none of you read the mail.
    Thought she wrote for the Telegraph?

She's too socially conservative for my taste and it's unsettling to watch her on TV. Meh.

ReputationRep:
    I cannot stand the woman, and she looks like she kept the look she used to audition for Hocus Pocus.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I've ever heard of her.

ReputationRep:
    I think she is a well needed intellectual right-winger.

She was very wrong about Iraq and I find her too socially Conservative, but she gets it right on the economy and the nanny state.

She... Of course, writes for the Telegraph!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    I don't think I've ever heard of her.
    She's always on Head2Head against David Aaronovitch...looks like Bette Midler with a badger on her head?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cottonmouth)
    She's always on Head2Head against David Aaronovitch...looks like Bette Midler with a badger on her head?
    No. Still doesn't ring any bells I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not familiar with her work, but the above comments do not fill me with great hope that I would like her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cage)
    I'm not familiar with her work, but the above comments do not fill me with great hope that I would like her.
    And she's American. There, thats sealed it for you haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cottonmouth)
    I can never place David Aaronovitch on the political spectrum with any certainty. I know he's nominally a lefty, but sometimes he waxes lyrical about free enterprise, hereditary peerages & foreign interventionism. Hmm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thermoregulatio)
    I can never place David Aaronovitch on the political spectrum with any certainty. I know he's nominally a lefty, but sometimes he waxes lyrical about free enterprise, hereditary peerages & foreign interventionism. Hmm.
    He's definitely on the right of the Labour party - part of the old Blairite agenda. Ironic considering his supposedly communist background, but that applies to a lot of Blairites. It'll be interesting to see what he does now though. He basically has to either move towards Brown or become pretty isolated.

ReputationRep:
    None of them believe anything but the value of the pound. Most columnists write sanctimonious garble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pernell Whitaker)
    None of them believe anything but the value of the pound. Most columnists write sanctimonious garble.
    That's quite true, and they'll write almost anything as long as they're being paid well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cage)
    He basically has to either move towards Brown or become pretty isolated.
    Why does he have to do either - he's a journalist, writer and political commentator, not a politician.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonathanH)
    Why does he have to do either - he's a journalist, writer and political commentator, not a politician.
    Because he's always based his entire journalistic position upon the New Labour programme - which is now changing.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure who Janet Daley is to be honest.

I know of a regular female guest on Head2Head who often is put up against David Aaronovitch, but she writes for the Daily Mail, not the Telegraph.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -1984-)
    I'm not sure who Janet Daley is to be honest.

I know of a regular female guest on Head2Head who often is put up against David Aaronovitch, but she writes for the Daily Mail, not the Telegraph.
    Thats the one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezekiel)
    Thats the one.
    I like her direct, to the point attitude, and I do strangely admire her even though I do not agree with her politics. It's like watching Kenneth Clarke, who's politics I disagree with, but admire as a politician.

Although her refusal to accept that human activity is responsible for global warming can be very frustrating, I did agree with her stance on the Live Earth gigs and how useless they were.

Douglas Murray pisses me off so much though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -1984-)
    I like her direct, to the point attitude, and I do strangely admire her even though I do not agree with her politics. It's like watching Kenneth Clarke, who's politics I disagree with, but admire as a politician.

Although her refusal to accept that human activity is responsible for global warming can be very frustrating, I did agree with her stance on the Live Earth gigs and how useless they were.

Douglas Murray pisses me off so much though.
    That isn't Janet Daley, i'm afraid. I saw that one, and she annoys me too. She was against Steve Richards, not Aaronovitch. Her names Ann Leslie.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.