Turn on thread page Beta

How to stop post workout hunger watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I do immense spurts of cardio and weight lifting, 5 days a week... and eat pretty clean before my workout, i workout after i have lunch... (if i dont i cant lift for crap). When im done im drained and starving, this seems a tad bit pointless as ive just burnt loads of cals and getting them back in So anyway to stop it?

ReputationRep:
    It's very important to eat afterwards though. So I'd say an omelette (3 egg whites, 1 yolk, tomatoes) and a glass of milk. Eggs and milk fill you up nicely.

You need high protein with a bit of energy to carry into the muscles.

But if you don't wanna eat... sleep, have sex, have a bath, read?!

ReputationRep:
    Of course you're starving after a heavy workout! Get some high GI carbs and protein in you ASAP and a proper meal about an hour or so afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    christo perfect (I would of thought, obvious) advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phobos)
    It's very important to eat afterwards though. So I'd say an omelette (3 egg whites, 1 yolk, tomatoes) and a glass of milk. Eggs and milk fill you up nicely.

You need high protein with a bit of energy to carry into the muscles.

But if you don't wanna eat... sleep, have sex, have a bath, read?!
    Not enough carbs. You need to replenish glycogen stores, and right after working out is the ideal time when your body is at its most sensitive to insulin. If you don't, you'll feel weak and lethargic for the rest of the day. It would be best to work out earlier in the day so you've only had breakfast then have lunch afterwards. 50:50 protein:carbs would be good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pav27)
    Not enough carbs. You need to replenish glycogen stores, and right after working out is the ideal time when your body is at its most sensitive to insulin. If you don't, you'll feel weak and lethargic for the rest of the day. It would be best to work out earlier in the day so you've only had breakfast then have lunch afterwards. 50:50 protein:carbs would be good.
    to insulin spike, should i drink fruit juice?

I know it may seem obvious, but if i workout then have a meal that i wouldntve had normally if i didnt work out... seems like i lose out lol... but im not bulking, im cutting, so you know, eating patterns are a bit sensitive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T_Bag)
    to insulin spike, should i drink fruit juice?

I know it may seem obvious, but if i workout then have a meal that i wouldntve had normally if i didnt work out... seems like i lose out lol... but im not bulking, im cutting, so you know, eating patterns are a bit sensitive
    Weight lifting does not equal bulking. When you've just worked your muscles hard you need to feed them with simple carbs and protein (whey is better as it'll go straight to your muscle cells). This will maintain the muscle you do have, thus aiding your metabolism. Depending on food macros and your workout, this energy will be used by your muscles, not stored as fat.

If you Google anything mentioned by the respondents so far, you will find plenty of information explaining it all. Good luck with your efforts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikernes)
    Weight lifting does not equal bulking. When you've just worked your muscles hard you need to feed them with simple carbs and protein (whey is better as it'll go straight to your muscle cells). This will maintain the muscle you do have, thus aiding your metabolism. Depending on food macros and your workout, this energy will be used by your muscles, not stored as fat.

If you Google anything mentioned by the respondents so far, you will find plenty of information explaining it all. Good luck with your efforts.
    Thanks

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.